Donors......automotive Of Course..lol

Frank Elder

J    J                                   J                     J   .

48D

Ok, the missing letter thing was fun I admit to being silly a lot!

But this is a real plea for answers and not a funny hahah....Paul has a rear end what year and model please.......someone used a sway bar, and a recently painted truck has a master cylinder etc.

It's all funny until you realize I cannot use the search function without the missing letter........

This is my asking for help and many thanks to those of you who reply..funny or real.

Frank

Fry's Electronics, the local electronics chain here, will typically have keyboards on sale for $10 or less on a fairly regular basis.

You can thank my great great great great great great uncle Sholes for being able to call it Qwerty!

Frank, I put in a '97 Wrangler 3:73. I have a long thread on it, look it up for particulars. I think it was a 2 wd and 4 cylinder, but not certain anymore.

Only changed the perches, bolt in, u-joint and all.

Comments from others: 

Mopar Switches

(1) a Dana 44 from a 1987 Jeep Cherokee under my 51 B3B. The spring perches were cut off and moved, the drive shaft fits without changing it and the Brakes are Great. 

(2) 1987 Jeep Cherokee 3.54 gears, had to move the spring perches but the drive shaft bolted right up with No modifications . . . on my B3B.

(3) a Jeep Cherokee (94). It is not as wide as the original by an inch or so. I am running 15" tires with Mopar Police wheels and hubcaps they are 235.75R15. (two wheel drive model)

Edited by pflaming

Frank, I put in a '97 Wrangler 3:73. I have a long thread on it, look it up for particulars. I think it was a 2 wd and 4 cylinder, but not certain anymore.

Only changed the perches, bolt in, u-joint and all.

Comments from others: 

Mopar Switches

(1) a Dana 44 from a 1987 Jeep Cherokee under my 51 B3B. The spring perches were cut off and moved, the drive shaft fits without changing it and the Brakes are Great. 

(2) 1987 Jeep Cherokee 3.54 gears, had to move the spring perches but the drive shaft bolted right up with No modifications . . . on my B3B.

(3) a Jeep Cherokee (94). It is not as wide as the original by an inch or so. I am running 15" tires with Mopar Police wheels and hubcaps they are 235.75R15. (two wheel drive model)

There was a Dana 44 option for the Cherokee/Comanche (XJ/MJ) also.

3:07, 3:55 or 4:10 gears.

Thanks guys that gives me a head start on my search.......the key board comments are awesome too!

These Wrangler axles vary a great deal. So specifics do matter: Mine is from a 97 Wrangler, 4 cyl, AT, 2WD.  All those specs matter. 

Dimensions: 54" inside the backing plate to inside the backing plate and 56 1/2 outside the brake shoe to the outside the brake shoe.  When comparing this axle to the one in my truck, the backing plate distance was GREATER but he shoe was NARROWER. The total distance of the Wrangler was SHORT about an Inch. But that does not matter because rims and tires determine tracking. My truck tracks like a train, just amazing, every one who drives it comments.

Good luck. Oh I paid $250 for mine, including the drums. I installed it hooked up the brake lines and all went well.