New Ways To Lower The Rear End

Cpt.Fred

All good reasons, just curious if there was some difinitive power gains over  single.  I'll have to check out the sound of the duals next time I come across one, hadn't considered that. 

if you run dual carbs and exhaust (especially with split headers) you have more air passing the engine,

therefore you should gain at least a little more power.

raise compression ratio, increase valve diameter, add a hotter camshaft... that's where you get more noticeable effects,

combined with the duals.

raise compression ratio, increase valve diameter, add a hotter camshaft.   These things do make a difference both in power and expense. The when those are added, a better radiator, a stronger clutch, a better tyranny, et. al., come into play and that is a game many cannot play.

I enjoy this hobby without much expense because I stay stock and work with what I've got. Thus my interest in original finishes. But I do NOT do anything that will devalue the vehicle for the next person.  I think i am proof that this hobby can be learned by keeping things simple. For example, I'm NOT going to repaint Phoenix and when I'm done it will get raves at ANY truck show. 

I really appreciate and admire what many of you do and can do. The results are amazing and I stand back and salute each one as it becomes street legal. 

of you're right as well, pflaming.

this is a topic of its own and should be discussed as such in another thread ;) 

too many personal views and technical details and none of them are about lowering...

verrry interrresting none the less. :cool:

My sister swears this that this actually happened: 

A woman went into an auto repair garage and told them that her rear end was making a loud noise.  
They told her, "Well, let's get it up on the hoist and see what the problem is." 

What we have here is a failure to communicate, whatever that's supposed to mean. 

Dual pipes,  " . . . this is a topic of its own and should be discussed as such in another thread  ;) too many personal views and technical details and none of them are about lowering. . .verrry interrresting none the less.  :cool:"

The discussion on the dual pipes is a part of the discourse in that,  how the tail pipes, single or double, are routed is a part of the changes. Oft times the small deviations are as informative as the main topic as they are in a sense, footnotes.  

of course you're right, pflaming,

i was aiming more at the whole original vs. modified thingy

and the discussion of what mod gives you the most bang for the buck.

sometimes i might get things differently because i'm not a native english speaker.

no offense!

Cpt. no offense taken here either. I have learned a number of things in this thread, been very helpful for me. Don't worry about the language, many of us are not that good at it either. 

61farnham, great looking coupe you got there! very nice color!

my front springs may have settled just a tiny bit, but they're still a little too high.

I guess i give it a try and remove 1/4 or 1/2 coil, but no more.

Otherwise i'd start bottoming out again and the drive shaft might scrape the floor pan again

if i get the front too low. Right now it seems to work fine, but it's pretty tight under there,

exhaust and frame and all.

One day i'd like to get a P10 coupe that needs some work and do all the things i can't do to this car...

Bmartin, here are 2 measurements for you, fender to floor (running 6.00x16" on factory rims):

17898770hi.jpg

and front spring mount / frame to floor:

17898772ys.jpg

Fred, I have 25-3/4" from floor to rear fender lip (I think my fenders have more of an arch) & 7-1/4" from floor to front of rear spring bolt. Derek