Ot..lost My Mother Today

Oldguy48

I’m sitting here in front of my computer tonight with a heavy heart. You see, my dear mother passed away this morning, at the nursing home where she had resided for the past 1 ½ years. She just turned 91 years of age last month. My sister and I spent the past week at an around the clock bedside vigil for her. She had been in declining health for a number of years, but despite approaching death’s threshold numerous times, she would recuperate. Sort of like the cat with nine lives, but this time she didn’t have the strength to fight it, and lost the battle. Watching a loved one slowly slip away is agonizing, but at least she no longer has to suffer.

My heart goes out to you and your family. It's always a big loss I saw two parents slip away. My father sat for seven years following a stroke, my mother with cancer. You always miss them but you will get accustomed to itl. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Paul

• Like 1

I feel so sorry for you. Try to dwell on the happy times, the good times, and how lucky you are to have had her for the time you did.  Most of us know what you are going through and are feel ing for you right now.  Yes, she is at rest, no pain, no worries, peace, well earned.  You are not alone. 

I want to say how sorry I am to hear this, as you know you will remember her is so many ways but it is really hard to have them go home to the Father.

As so many have said you will let her live on though you a sweet memories of the things she said and did for you to make you the Man you are today.

RIP Mom

Condolences to you and your family.  Remember the good times..............

My parents have been gone for several years, and I still miss them.  

Just lost my only uncle at age 96 a couple days ago......so I can relate.

Blessings to you.

So sorry to hear of your loss Wayne. Take comfort in the thought that your dear old Mom is no longer suffering. She may be gone in body, but I'm sure that she will continue to look down on you and your family for many years to come.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My Mother passed in 2006. I still think of her everyday. 

I always remember the good times and forget the bad. This may sound strange but after my Mother passed we planned a Birthday Party for her instead of a wake. At first people thought I was crazy. I told them it is their choice, if they wanted to attend or not. At the start I wished my Mother a Happy Birthday in Heaven. We started talking and sharing special times we had with my mother. There was music, food, and a good time was had by all. This helped get over my loss. I found out some interesting things I never knew about my Mother.

Sad to hear about your loss, 91 years is a good life though.

I remember losing my adoptive grandmother to cancer, she is missed but in a better place.

Heck, wonder if they will run into each other in the big city in the skies! if she liked slot machines, theyd meet for sure!

Anyways, once again, my condolences.