Vintage Ww2 Air Show/rides Smyrna Tennessee

TennesseeVol51

I wanted to post this in case anyone near Nashville would be interested in attending.

You can ride in a P-51 Mustang or the only flying B-29 Superfortress.

Here is the link to the website   http://www.airpowersquadron.org/#!nashville-tn/c1afu

I am going to take my 14 year old daughter for her birthday present to ride in the Boeing Stearman.

Edited by TennesseeVol51

The picture that I have of my car that is attached to this posting was taken at the WWII re-enactment weekend event that is held every june 6-8 at the Reading Airport in reading Pa.  I have been doing this event for the past 10 years.  The event is held at Spatts Field which was used as a training site for our WWII pilots.  This event attacks some of the most beautiful WWII vitage aircraft.  They all had the same B29 and several B17's B25 and several P51 Mustangs along with other great planes of this vintage.

Everyone shoudl go attend one of these events in their lifetime so see first hand what our young pilots and veterans had to use to fight for our freedom.  The younger kids need to know what it took to provide them with their current rights to speak freely and other things.  Also you get to thank some Vets for what they did to help win the war.

Least we NOT FORGET what these young men and women did to protest this great USA.  We all take in for granted and we should count our blessings and if anyone had a dad or mom that served at this time and they are still alive please tell them thank you. we all owe them a big thanks.

GO USA and to all of our PAST, CURRENT and Future Veterans.

Rich Hartung

Desoto1939@aol.com

Don Coatney

Billy was born on December 28th, yet his birthday is always in the summer.

....How is this possible?

He lives in the southern hemisphere. Australia maybe?

Maybe we ought to have a separate thread for answers to Don's signature questions to avoid scattering them around all these other threads. . .

If you ever get the chance to take a ride in a WW2 airplane - take it!  Especially if you're a bit of an airplane nut (or a complete one!).  Growing up in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas we had the Confederate Air Force (now Commemorative Air Force due to political correctness) flying museum (they're the ones that got the B-29 "Fifi" flying).  At the time, the CAF was located in Harlingen, Texas, now they're in Midland, TX.  They have a whole slew of flyable WW2 aircraft, they have "Wings" all over the Nation, too (my neighbor in Carlsbad, NM was restoring the CAF's Kubelwagen from their Trainer Wing in Hobbs, NM).  One of my high school classmate's dad was one of the founders, and our neighbor, Jerry Harville, was their A-26 Invader pilot.  My brother and I got to fly in a Junkers Ju-52, B-24 Liberator, B-17 Flying Fortress, the A-26, a TBF Avenger, and the B-29.  The sights, sounds, and smells are unique and unforgetable.  The B-29 was here in Buffalo last year.  I went to visit the pilots (same ones as when I was a kid - who didn't remember me per se, but remembered the twin urchins that Jerry used to bring by the Museum for plane rides), but didn't take a flight - too expensive.  But the visit was nice.