Wheel Spacers

jorswift

Anyone ever use a wheel spacer for their Plymouth? I got some Mopar rims 15x6" but with the tires on them they rub the inners of the car.  I need a 1.5" in  front and 1" in the rear.  Problem is they have to be hubcentric, correct?  I can find them, but i cant find them that are hubcentric.  Thanks.

Are the spacers going to carry new mounting studs or are they just going to align with the present lug bolt holes?  I am running after market wheels that are not hub centric and in 12 years have not had an issue.  If the spacers bolt onto the hub, then the wheel bolts to the spacer, I do not see where being bolt centric or hub centric makes a lot of difference.  You are not going road racing are you???

hub concentric adapters are not that hard to find....finding a set of 4 sold to your needs per thickness will be the problem...here is just one ad...usually when looking for these at a certain thickness they are no longer considered spacers but referred to as adapters even though you are not changing patterns..but actually adapting for use of positive offset rims...what year rims are you using may I ask..possible you may be able to use these but will give you a bit more in the rear than you specified...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-JEEP-1-5-HUB-CENTRIC-WRANGLER-5x4-5-to-5x4-5-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-SPACERS-/400446698924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3c7bb5ac&vxp=mtr

or actual per your specs....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-1-5-inch-5x4-5-to-5-x-4-5-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-5Lug-Adapters-/281117730960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4173ec2890&vxp=mtr

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-1-5x4-5-Hub-Centric-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-71-5mm-1-2-Studs-/271063253394?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1ca10192&vxp=mtr

I am running 1" thick adapters on the front of my truck so that I can use my 5 X 5" wheels on the 5 X 4.5" brake discs. They are not hub-centric and I have no issues to date.

In fact, I don't recall that my original hubs are hub-centric anyway.

Merle

Edited by Merle Coggins

Like I said, the original hubs don't have a center hub. So why worry about it now? I found a picture of one of the rear drums from my parts truck. I also recently separated a drum and hub from a spare front I had. It was just as smooth. If they didn't need them on a 3/4 ton truck, why would you need them on your car?
P4070509.jpg

Edited by Merle Coggins

hub concentric adapters are not that hard to find....finding a set of 4 sold to your needs per thickness will be the problem...here is just one ad...usually when looking for these at a certain thickness they are no longer considered spacers but referred to as adapters even though you are not changing patterns..but actually adapting for use of positive offset rims...what year rims are you using may I ask..possible you may be able to use these but will give you a bit more in the rear than you specified...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-JEEP-1-5-HUB-CENTRIC-WRANGLER-5x4-5-to-5x4-5-WHEEL-ADAPTERS-SPACERS-/400446698924?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3c7bb5ac&vxp=mtr

or actual per your specs....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pc-1-5-inch-5x4-5-to-5-x-4-5-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-5Lug-Adapters-/281117730960?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4173ec2890&vxp=mtr

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-1-5x4-5-Hub-Centric-Wheel-Spacers-Adapters-71-5mm-1-2-Studs-/271063253394?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f1ca10192&vxp=mtr

It does not state in the listing that they are for MOPAR, DODGE or PLYMOUTH.  I dont think hub size is common in all.  I am not sure if they would fit or not.  What are the differnces in hub size between Ford and Mopar?

contact the vender that listed the item..he can shed more insight than I...just showing that use the word adapter not spacer to find what you are looking for...am sure these guys can answer your every question and more than not have in stock what you are looking for...

My P15 hubs are concentric..but...the hubs I have laying about from a 50 Dodge..they are not concentric and look like the ones Merle pictures.....go figure..I use concentric as I upgrade most of my stuff Plymouth or Dodge to late model suspension components thus they are hub concentric...the ones listed for the Jeep should be correct...these standards have not changed..the wheel centers for Ford and Mopar are different sizes if memory serves me correct..I do late model Mopar aluminum wheels and thus have no call to measure or fit Ford...wish I could say more on that...

Depeends on the wheel in question, and the year of the hub in question... My 85 F250HD 2wd used the same rims as a 90s Dodge 1 ton van. My 69 D100 is currently running 1978 L'il Red Express steel wheels, has also been test fit with 14 and 15 inch FORD alloys from the 60s and 70s, but Ranger 14/15 alloys don't fit. My 49 is wearing 1978 Ramcharger 4x4 rims, has been fit successfully with Ranger alloys, Ranger steels, Crown Vic steels, Diplomat steels, 57-60 D100 steels, 60s and 70s alloys... if the cars had the same tiny hubs as the trucks in the 40s, the selection of modern wheels that will fit is rather mind blowing.

Some ride the hub, some ride the studs. None have popped off due the mounting style.