Mopar Flathead Pictures

pflaming
Go to solution Solved by greg g,

A couple pictures of my 1948 Chrysler straight eight 323ci. engine ready to be installed this week end....

Sweet looking power plant.

I'd been told that they never went to the full length water jacket on the straight 8 as there wasn't enough sales volume to warrant the work. But you photos show that the person who told me that did not know what they were talking about.

It's just an old worthless but like new 40,000 mile cougar Don that has it's spot in the garage of all my old MoPars!

• 1 year later...

Looks great Dave! But the steering wheel is on the wrong side :rolleyes:

Funny guy :P ... But it does make life interesting when you have the steering column in the way of the tappet covers and exhaust...

Rick

Edit - my engine

engine%20rhs.jpg

Edited by Ricky Luke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just sittiing here trying to fibure out if I should get some more sleep or make coffee. So to fill the time, just been surfing these pictures. I always learn something just by observing what others have done. There are a lot of tricks and tips in these pictures. Enjoy.