Maximum Engine Cylinder Bore

Dodgebawl

The machine shop told me that my 218 engine block needs to be bored out to clean up the cylinder walls for the rebuild.  Due to prior rebuilds the block is already at .080 over and will need to go to .100 over to clean up the cylinder walls. Edgy Speed Shop said they have .100 over pistons for the engine.  Have any of you on this forum in your rebuilds gone to .100 over or would you have a concern in doing so?   These blocks are beefy but I do not feel comfortable going to .100.  The engine build is on hold right now so I would very much appreciate your input.

I'd be having a good long talk to both the machine shop and Earl Edgerton regarding 100 thou over.........but I suppose if the engine already has 80thou over another 20 ain't that much more........lol.......I'd be asking around to see what the consensous is regarding the cylinder thickness or can they sonic check the wall thickness?..........andyd