Father's Day 2013

Plymouthy Adams

Doing the Trace on a 1970s motorcycle? Count us in, Lisa has a 1971 Honda CL100 with CB pipe and a flyscreen, I'm rebuilding a 1963 Honda CL72 (248cc Scrambler turned TT racer that has a bunch of vintage track mods) for the street. That would be a rather nice trip.

I completely spaced Father's Day. Didn't hear from my stepson, forgot to call my Dad, and we didn't cross the driveway to see Lisa's Dad (who at 87 years old wants me to fix the CL100 for him to ride).

Don, we've got family buried in your area that rode with Forrest's cavalry.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking there.

We left the Carter house and went south on 31 for a while and turned west to find the trace, but I don't think we went as far as Spring Hill. I recall it was a small state highway that would have made a good road race. 

It was one of those trips where you don't know where you're going until you get there.  Kind of like the last fifty years.  Still, it was fun.