Father's Day 2013

Plymouthy Adams

Happy fathers day to all my fellow Mopar car lovers and of course any car lover!  It is nice to recognized by your own kids for what we have done to nurture our own into fine young people.  But the main thing here is that it takes two and I thank my wife of 44 years for doing such a fine job on raising my boys!  One is an Attorney and the other is a Registered Nurse and they make fathers day special to me.  Oh my gift for fathers day? a trailer jack!!!! I needed one for my little trailer and one of them got the hint from yours truly that old grandpa could use one.  Anyway happy fathers day and may all you guys have many more! Oh one more thing yesterday while at a local car show I had a nice conversation with my new old old old friend a man who just turn 100 years old and he still has a love for cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And before I knew his real age I thought he was maybe in his lower 80's :) Life is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. My new old friend has a 1935 Ford Pheaton with roll up windows that about as nice as a car you will ever see and he looking to buy another old car! No stopping this interesting guy:)

folks have to learn that you don't need to be a burning fire.....you just have to keep from burning out...I stay busy...I have fun..I have no deadlines..

Happy Father's Day to you, also, oh wise Mopar Mastermind....and all of my other new aquaintances I have made here in the forum / chat room  :cool:

• Like 1

Every Dad leaves there own mark, I hope we all have a great Fathers Day.

• Like 1

Spent the day at the LANE MOTOR MUSEUM many very kool small cars ! got to ride in a 1947 TATRA same car JAY LENO drove when he visited NASHVILLE ,TN. he was picked up at the airport in this car then he drove it to a gig he had here , that is way kool ! then went for dinner at the world famous LOVELESS CAFE , then for a long cruise down the historic NATCHEZ TRACE PARKWAY ! had a wonderful day-cation .

post-205-0-96872000-1371435629_thumb.jpg

post-205-0-55711200-1371435687_thumb.jpg

Edited by wayfarerstranger

Our son in Maine wanted us there this coming weekend so he arranged new tickets for us. We will leave Wed. (19th) return July  14. A father's day gift that will keep on giving for now we will see our granddaughter's gymnastics end of the year Gala, and our grandson's All-stars baseball tournament for 11 /12 year old boys.  

I rode the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Nashville once on my motorcycle. It was an awesome ride with a lot of history signage along the way to stop and read. It was July and quite hot riding across LA into MS to get there, but once on the Trace, under the tree canopy, it seemed 20 degrees cooler. I'd ride it again in a heartbeat if I ever get down that way again. It's a great parkway and a wonderful piece of history.

My son has driven the TRACE all the way to New Orleans in a car , but is trying to buy a vintage 70`s motorcycle  haven`t found the right one yet  . then wants to take a trip on the motorcycle . maybe i`ll join him on my Whizzer ? maybe not ?

Then went for dinner at the world famous LOVELESS CAFE , then for a long cruise down the historic NATCHEZ TRACE PARKWAY ! had a wonderful day-cation .

Cool day.We often ride up to the Loveless Cafe and eat.

I hope you had fun on the Trace it is really a piece of history.I live at the 341 mile marker near Collinwood. Right on the Trace marker of the Alabama--Tennessee state line.I have driven to all the way to Natchez 2-3 times a year since 1987 going to enduros and harescrambles.

We stayed at the house yesterday, my 5 kids helped cook a big supper for me last night it was a relaxing day.

Here is a bucket list item that I am going to do on fathers day week with my sons some time in the next few years it is AWSOME!

Read this blog that is currently happening right now as I type,about a guy riding a small underpowered Hodaka 1970's 100cc Road Toad from Chattanooga,Tennessee all the way to Portland Oregon on the Transcontinetal Trail.It is all 2 lane roads and dirt road the entire distance.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=893598

Then read this article it covers from restoration to every day of the actual trip.Just click on the days on the right of the home page for a day by day summary.This ride is during fathers day from 2011 about Jack Broomall who rode from Philadelphia,Pa to Athena Oregon on a 1977 125 Hodaka Wombat.

http://www.slow-way-across.com/2011/06/gearing-up.html

REAL men ride WHIZZERS ..as in mean & BIG ! .. LITTLE BOYS RIDE mini bikes because they have mini  .. meaning very very very very very little , mini  UNDERSTAND mini .... i mean everything u got is MINI ! Do u understand ?

Edited by wayfarerstranger

i booked a  plane ride so u can fly to SAN Francisco and have your automotive man hood examined  they will probably want to put a perm in your beard . i wouldn`t be surprised when u return we will be seeing u cruising around in a pink Miata or maybe a vintage pink Metro .

i once saw a documentary about a bearded ballet dancer from GA. who loved old cars and had a special friend  who worked at Home Depot  and in their spare time grew flowers and polished chrome , i don`t know it just reminded me of someone ?

I checked this forum too late!!  Last Friday we visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum for our 50th anniversary trip. We  then went to the  Carter house in Franklin and picked up the Natchez trace at White House Tennessee.  After many stops, (Merriwether Lewis' grave), we followed  it down to Jackson Mississippi where we turned west and went to Vicksburg to see the USS Cairo and the parks there.  We saw two alligators on the trace also. 50 MPH limit is almost too much for an old rubbernecker like me.  

I checked this forum too late!!  Last Friday we visited the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum for our 50th anniversary trip. We  then went to the  Carter house in Franklin and picked up the Natchez trace at White House Tennessee.  After many stops, (Merriwether Lewis' grave), we followed  it down to Jackson Mississippi where we turned west and went to Vicksburg to see the USS Cairo and the parks there.  We saw two alligators on the trace also. 50 MPH limit is almost too much for an old rubbernecker like me.  

Dang Niel, you were in my back yard and did not ring my bell. I lost a great great Uncle at the battle of Vicksburg.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~inscott/Jun2718631.jpg

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~inscott/Jun2718632.jpg

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~inscott/Jun2718633.jpg