3 Fargos And A Dodge...

• 5 months later...

Well, I've done quite a bit of planning, but next to no wrench turning so far.  This is good, since my plans keep changing.  Case in point, the herd has grown by one more, but this one's kind of special.

post-6194-0-82474800-1384971707_thumb.jpg

Last weekend I brought home a '52 B-3-B that was my granfather's before he passed in the summer.  It's a 3-speed, it had been out in the pasture for years and years, and the hood was lying upside down beside it.

The back fenders are off of a C-series, if I'm not mistaken and while the badging is all Dodge (what's left of it) the rear tailgate has Fargo lettering, and is painted to match.

There are illegible ghosts of letters on the passenger door and orange paint under the blue, so I'm guessing formerly a business truck on which they swapped the box and gave it a coat of paint.

The haul was 400 miles one way in sketchy weather (note the ground in the first photo vs the next two) but she's a neat little truck, and I think the collection is complete.  Now for the hard part...

post-6194-0-02957300-1384971714_thumb.jpgpost-6194-0-68354500-1384971834_thumb.jpg

1953 Had the square type fenders.......they lasted up to 1983.

The collection is never complete.....lol.

48D

Ah, that makes a lot of sense, why my internet searches kept turning up both sorts of fenders.

Regarding the collection, I do seem to see these trucks everywhere now.  Might have to invest in a set of blinders for highway driving.