Unread Threads Being Marked As "read"

Sponsored By  

Ever since the forum change I've had this happen several times.  Including just now.  I go to a forum, and see the list of unread threads, I read one and it then marks everything as "read".  I've goten really used to using the "next unread" link and it's frustrating when it does this, especially if there is a LONG list of threads.  Is it just me or is this a problem for others as well?

if viewing the forum in this manner and you do not use the view next thread and instead go back to the forum..you may get items marked as read...I do not use this but know it holds true for when I have multiple PM's and I open one...the indicator to new messages are cleared but yet not all could have been read at the time

Ever since the forum change I've had this happen several times.  Including just now.  I go to a forum, and see the list of unread threads, I read one and it then marks everything as "read".  I've goten really used to using the "next unread" link and it's frustrating when it does this, especially if there is a LONG list of threads.  Is it just me or is this a problem for others as well?

I think I just had  a similar problem here.

It says that there are 25 topics for this forum, and indeed there were until I opened this thread. When I went back there were only 2 pinned threads, this one, and one that I have not opened about heaters. (total of 4)

I do not use "next unread". I always go "back to forum" to select what I want to read. The page I use shows all the threads with the dark dot on the left for those with unread posts.

EDIT:  that is just on this page that I am seeing this. Others work as they have before.

Edited by shel_bizzy_48

that is how I read the forum also Shel..face it, and this is not a slap in the face mind you to anyone but I do not read all entries.  This method allow me to see the unread messages in the associated columns and chose the ones I want to open..if I see nothing I am following has been added too..I often click mark forum read...

that is how I read the forum also Shel..face it, and this is not a slap in the face mind you to anyone but I do not read all entries.  This method allow me to see the unread messages in the associated columns and chose the ones I want to open..if I see nothing I am following has been added too..I often click mark forum read...

Yup, some topics do not interest me, and I would have nothing to contribute, so some I do not follow.

The thing here with mine on this page is probably a matter of my preference settings. Likely nothing new enough to show up for me. Only the 2 pinned, and these 2 recent ones. So, there is no problem. (with mine)

EDIT: well preferences was not the answer. Old site I was set up to see only past 2 weeks. Thought that may be it, but if I go to the P15-D24 Forum I can view 1211 pages. Oh well, doesn't matter

Edited by shel_bizzy_48

I use the view new content hot key above right on the tolbar. On ocassion I have had one or two unread threads yet when I hit the view new content hot key they all disappear. Does not happen all the time just ocassionally. I have also found that if I complete reading a PM and go directly to the view new content hot key it will indicate no new content. I then hit the view new content hot key again and all of the unread content then ahows up.

So I suggest you make your request to view new postings twice to see if they show up on the second attempt.

I found the reason why there were only 4 topics showing for me.

It is apparently possible to set time relate viewing preferences for each forum by using the "custom" option.

Old forum I was set for 2 weeks, and that covered all areas.

Wasn't really a problem, but problem solved :)

I am thinking this feature was triggered forum wide by an admin possibly as I was also l clipped to only 4 threads and I  know it was set to show all in the past...like Shel Say click custom and set you window for the view you want..I choose show all as I do look back sometimes for theread I recall that had certain info and thus easy to find..