My New 51!

hi guys heres some pics of my new truck.

truck details 360 v8, with Edlebrock 600cfm carb and mild cam, c7 3 speed auto with shift kit and b&M shifter, adjustable  ladderbar rear suspension with coil overs, upgraded to torsion bar front suspension from a Plymouth fury with disk front brakes, 4.5 inches chopped out of the roof, Diamondplate bed, custom gauges and bucket seats.

post-6159-0-28077700-1369673090_thumb.png

post-6159-0-01517900-1369673091_thumb.jpg

post-6159-0-53496500-1369673091_thumb.jpg

post-6159-0-90758200-1369673091_thumb.jpg

post-6159-0-24177800-1369673092_thumb.jpg

post-6159-0-57820400-1369673092_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys, it is 100% Mopar and I love it. waiting on the insurance co to finalize the paperwork then its off to the DMV to get tags and cruise this weekend. I drove it home 300 miles Saturday.

Edited by hazegry

The color is gunmetal grey its shiny not satin and I didn't build it but I recognized the great work the guy had done. every bolt on the outside is stainless and theres all kinds of little details like that around the truck when you start to look. I will take some better pics in the next few days and post them up.

What are the running board height measurements? Measure the bottom edge to the floor at the front of the running board and at the rear. 2" off the top gives the truck a more powerful look. I like it. NICE

Heres some more pics

picture.php?groupid=69&pictureid=467554

picture.php?groupid=69&pictureid=467562

I gave 9 for the truck and considering the condition its in I don't think I did to bad.

I think you did real good it can cost more than half of that just to have the top chopped.

Thanks guys I will measure the running boards next time I am on flat ground cement where she sits is kinda messed up. I am hunting for a good hood ornament, since mine is pitted inside the horns of the ram and I don't think they can fix that. (I may be wrong about that though) tomorrow I am going to polish the stainless piece on the nose and see if I cant get it to look like chrome.

Interesting. I like it. 48-50 dash, later doors. I like the longer "step" the later doors have versus the short early doors. Much better tie in with the front fender crowns. Going to try and get the suspension lowered on mine by the end of June (painting the chassis at the same time adds a lot of hours).

• Like 1

Sweet looking truck and i think you did very well on it money wise! I gotta ask, have you done any smokey burn outs in it to christen the old girl? :D

-Chris

Hmm, how'd you get it titled as a 51? 48-50 cab, 48-50 front panel. Lot's of states would title left overs as the year they sold... Not picking, genuinely curious if you know the backstory on the truck. I had a 65 (build date was Jan 65, so it should have been a 65 model year) Mustang that was titled as a 66 for that reason.

By B-2-C is a late serial number and I believe it was built late in 1950 and it is titled as a 1951. One of these days I'll order a build sheet from Chrysler Historical to confirm, but I believe it was delivered in early '51 and was titled as such. But I call it a '50 because I know better.

Merle

Edited by Merle Coggins