For Those In Oklahoma

Alshere59

I hope the devastation has ended with more storms forecasted. For those injured and homeless I wish you a speedy recovery. A sad day indeed.

We are just getting news updates here in Australia on this devastating event. They say total neighborhoods flattened with over 50 deceased and countless people still missing. What a tragic act by mother nature. Our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

That was a very bad storm.  I believe the mayor said they had a similar one in 1999 or so.  Looks like a heck of a

clean up to be done.  Best wishes and thoughts to those folks.  

We had tornado watches and warnings here in Joplin (southwest MO) early this evening (MON)......our sirens went off and

we went to the safe room for a while.  Fortunately nothing worse than some wind and rain occurred this time.  But the

thunder is rumbling a bit out there right now.....may be some more.....we stay tuned to the tv and weather radio.   

I've experienced three significant tornadoes. It's a different feeling because the tornado is reducing the air pressure along with the wind so two things are happening at the same time. The lack of air pressure explodes the buildings and the twisting air scatters them. My heart goes out to that community.  

• 1 month later...

We're used to it,the one in 99 was worse (aka the OKC tornado).

Here in Oklahoma when the sirens go off we just go outside to check out the weather,if we crawled into holes everytime we would just live in em :)

We're used to it,the one in 99 was worse (aka the OKC tornado).

Here in Oklahoma when the sirens go off we just go outside to check out the weather,if we crawled into holes everytime we would just live in em :)

No kidding about not being able to run from every tornado.  I grew up in Oklahoma, and I remember only a few times to going to either the pastor's house (there was a cellar there), or to the church basement.  When I was just shy of 12 one went right over our back yard.  I slept through the whole thing, and was so aggravated that my parents didn't wake me up so I could see it, too.