1952 Pilot House On Mecums Auto Auction........

Hey Ed. Did you guys get that truck finished and on the road yet? I hope to be able to see it when I'm up there this summer.

Merle

It's getting there. It drove itself to storage and then didn't make it back home this spring. The pickup tube in the tank was clogged up. It has made a few trips around town but nothing too long distance yet.

Yea... I've always heard it as "Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

Ok, you guys. Maybe I'm starting to cave in, but I think this truck looks good in WWW's too. Maybe it's just the darker colors offering a good contrast.

IMG_0284_zpsa770ffa4.jpg

Merle;

It does look nice on that year truck.........but it is a very different body style. To my eyes a Pilothouse just looks like the classic old work truck....at home on a farm ...or ranch.... or hauling a load down the road. There was clearly much more emphasis placed on functionality than styling. You called it right the first time......... the last thing an old work truck needs is WWW.

Jeff

I think blackwalls look at home on our trucks.  That's the way I remember them when I was a kid.  I didn't put 'em on my 36 Plymouth either.  I figured since it was the low cost MoPar offering (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) that the owner probably didn't have money for them.  My Dad has wide whites on his 35 Chrysler, but that was a richer man's car.  I kinda like the blackwalls.  Just a personal preference, not trying to influence anyone.   Paul, that truck looks fine the way you've finished it.  Goes nicely with the kid's uniforms.  Mike

Love the white walls - gangsta white walls (wasn't that in a song in the 70's?).  The parking lights are not correct.  The grill bars should extend all the way across to the lights.  They are missing.  Wrong truck.  Thought this was the Palm Springs PH you were talking about.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Edited by BulldogTom

The chrome grille and WW tires really set it off Davin..... 

...Why? Cuz white walls are COOOL!!.... ^_^

48D