Car Show Snub

pflaming

most of those "protectorant" things just do bad things to rubber and plastic anyway.  All it does is remove teh top layer of the material or sticks some crap on it....not worth it!

I quit bringing our car to shows. I can't understand why I am supposed to pay money to allow people to look at our car. We do free cruises at restaurants once in awhile and just drive it whenever possible.

my philosophy as it pertains to vehicles exactly. i'd like to drive my 1.5 ton over to one of the Hemmings cruise-ins over the summer, but that's a long way and up some long, steep hills, especially at 8 mpg (that's miles per gallon, not miles per hour - ;))

Some folks are just A$$es and they are best avoided once identified. If people ask you to if you can recomend a place for insurance work, paintjobs, etc make sure his operation is the first one you mention as not to go to. Its suprising how fast and far a negative recommendation will travel.

This thread reminds me of the chaos at Rhinebeck last year; "You can come in but you can't leave until we say you can... oh, and thanks for the ten bucks too."

my philosophy as it pertains to vehicles exactly. i'd like to drive my 1.5 ton over to one of the Hemmings cruise-ins over the summer, but that's a long way and up some long, steep hills, especially at 8 mpg (that's miles per gallon, not miles per hour - ;))

Never been to the Hemmings cruise-ins, any good? When do they start?

Ya really want a treat, go to a "concours" event.  Went to one with my wife-never again.   I'd rather go to a dentist than hang out with some of those snobs.  A friend of mine has a beautifil split window Vette that he had just finished himself.  They wrote him up because the glovebox light bulb wasn't the right diameter, and he didn't have the head of the phillips screws in his kick panels all pointing the same way.  When he heard that he got in and said: "yea, but watch what this bitXh will do and did a donut on the field then left.  I'm pretty sure that wore out our welcome-but it was a hoot.  I even saw one guy that I knew had his wife scrubbing his tire treads with a toothbrush.   I knew better than to even ask my better half if she would do that.   It takes all kinds they say........

• Like 1

I am wit ya on this Hank, do not care fior car shows, Some small get togthers , I am sick of those who know "F" all, that figure all should have a 10 k paint job and a SBC under the hood. 

Well Paul I'd have to say if you went to church, you definitely didn't come back to your truck ALONE.  Now as far as the big shot "organizer" goes tell him you are writing a letter to the local paper about your experience and how you felt you were snubbed...in the same breath plead poverty and tell him you'd like to have afforded a good paint job when you started your restoration (add-in the wife wouldn't hear of it).  Who nows in order to save himself a whole lot of local embarrassment he might cut you a deal you can't refuse.

Personally, I'm very over shows and like to get together on a much more casual basis like Saturday morning coffee shop get togethers.  You'd get plenty of love and attention down here...

See, Tim did!

TimE_zps136f4f89.jpg

and just say "to heck with anyone that doesn't like Patina   :mad: "

Hank  :wub:

Guys, I suggest we use what has been experienced in car shows to keep this forum free from the "exclusive" mentality. It's sad when these car buffs misuse their talents and abuse those with differing ideas. Someone in the past laid a great foundation for this forum, let's build on that. 

I've said it several times and I repeat it again, "I love the creativity shown and respected in this forum". Your acceptance of my work is humbling and encouraging. So pursue your passions with Mopar vehicles and we will fully support you. 

Regards,

Paul Flaming