Stovebolt T5 Trans Adapter

• 3 months later...

While looking a Street Rodder mag. that a friend shared with me I saw an ad for a end end emerg. brake setup that bolted a thin rotor to the drive yoke on the rear end and the mechanical brake caiper with mount bolted to the rear end housing. Included the attachment cable(first section only) made to fit either Ford 8.8 or 9" rears. Differant models I'm sure.

Looked good BUT $300!  :rolleyes: I'd find another way. ;)

Doug

While looking a Street Rodder mag. that a friend shared with me I saw an ad for a end end emerg. brake setup that bolted a thin rotor to the drive yoke on the rear end and the mechanical brake caiper with mount bolted to the rear end housing. Included the attachment cable(first section only) made to fit either Ford 8.8 or 9" rears. Differant models I'm sure.

Looked good BUT $300!  :rolleyes: I'd find another way. ;)

Doug

I'll look into this, but for now a rock will do.

• 3 years later...

Gentlemen excuse me for reviving a 4-5 yr old thread, but the links that were added on here are no longer available.. when i hit the link it goes to a blank page. Im looking into doing the t5 swap on my 51 coronet... thanks for your time. 

Screenshot_20170728-064256.png

I don't know how the Langdon truck T5 kit is going to help any car owner, unless you have a truck bell housing.

BETO, do some homework and see what you are getting your self into, check out some of my posts with regard to T5 NWC early S10 lousy gear ratios, and not just plug and play for your Coronet.

There are a lot better considerations for an overdrive for the cars, namely a Borg and Warner R10......

Heck I would rather have a stock 3 spd trans, and more modern diff with highway friendly gears than a chevrolet S10 trans.

BTW, is this intended for your car, or do you have a truck, isn't your car fluid drive, that is a whole different movie...

2 hours ago, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

I don't know how the Langdon truck T5 kit is going to help any car owner, unless you have a truck bell housing.

BETO, do some homework and see what you are getting your self into, check out some of my posts with regard to T5 NWC early S10 lousy gear ratios, and not just plug and play for your Coronet.

There are a lot better considerations for an overdrive for the cars, namely a Borg and Warner R10......

Heck I would rather have a stock 3 spd trans, and more modern diff with highway friendly gears than a chevrolet S10 trans.

BTW, is this intended for your car, or do you have a truck, isn't your car fluid drive, that is a whole different movie...

BETO that one's got me stumped. 

• 3 months later...

While it appears R 10's are not plentiful in California. I have found five here in the valley, the last one in Bakersfield, Ca. They are here, one just needs to keep alert. The most I've paid is $800 and I got a tired 54 Suburban free, and sold more than $800 worth of  parts off that suburban so the OD was free. 

R 10 is one of Borg-Warners overdrive transmissions, the one most commonly used in the late 40's and into the early 60's Mopars. This in reply to the following post. 

Edited by pflaming

48 minutes ago, pflaming said:

While it appears R 10's are not plentiful in California. I have found five here in the valley, the last one in Bakersfield, Ca. They are here, one just needs to keep alert. The most I've paid is $800 and I got a tired 54 Suburban free, and sold more than $800 worth of  parts off that . suburban so the OD was free.

Dumb question, what’s an R10?   So the  Suburban had an OD trans?  Thanks...

4 hours ago, Iowaboy said:

Dumb question, what’s an R10?   So the  Suburban had an OD trans?  Thanks...

R10 is the tranny model number when coupled with the BW overdrive unit...and no, not all Suburban's were equipped with R10, it was an option first offered in later part of 52 model year and packaged in kit form to dealers so to help sell left over 51 models still on the lot so in reality the 51 if dealer installed could be considered stock with OD these offering of the OD continued to the end of the flathead.  The R10 can be retrofitted to any of the earlier flatheads also, the above comment is only that the 51 would be the oldest car considered STOCK with the R10 per POC judging rules.