North East Guys How Far Will You Go???

greg g

Having tried this before with limited success, I will try it again and hope for a better respose.  The attempt to find a place where forum folks from the North Eastern states can get together at an event, vheicle or not.  To put faces with uusernames, and enjoy an outing.  To strive to find a place that is reachable in 3 to 4 hours, that provides and iteresting venue, and a reason to come out and grip and grin with fellow enthusiasts.  Submitted for your perusal; 

MAY 19th

Wind Gap, Pa - 30th Annual "Cruise To The Gap" Car Show at Wind Gap Borough Park, 400 S. Lehigh Ave 3rd & Lehigh Sts zip: 18091. No Pets, No Alcoholic Beverages, Gates open 9:00 am - closing ceremonies at 2:30 pm ending approximately 3:00 pm, Rain or Shine! Presented by the Wind Gap Athletic Association. EXPRESS DAY OF SHOW REGISTRATION. NO JUDGING. Relax and enjoy the show, The first 300 pre-registered receive a free die-cast souvenir Plaque, All 500+ paricipants receive a commorative dash plaque, Car Corral and Auto & Crafts Flea Market, Event T-Shirts, Raffle, Door Prizes, Raffle, Goodie Bags Souvenirs Food, Drinks, ice cream, childrens play area. See the variety of nearly 500 show cars! Pre-Registration $10.00 by May 10 after and day of show Registration $15.00, free Registration to all pre 1928 vehicles. Flea Market Space 10x15 & Car corral pre-registration by May 10, $10.00 after and day of show $15.00 set up for flea market is 7:00 am. All Proceeds benefit youth programs within the Pen Argyl School District. Send checks made out to Wind Gap AAA C/O Tony Borger PO Box 049 Wind Gap, PA 18092 e-mail: coachtb@frontiernet.net or www.cruisetothegap.org or www.wgaaa.org or http://www.facebook.com/group.php?

gid=279297416565

In the Poconos, southeast of Scranton http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Wind%20Gap&state=PA

If this won't due as its too early, too far, to high, too cloudy, too far west, too far south, too far north, too cold, too hot,then perhaps you could look around i your area and come up with an alternative that is just right.  Don;t care if your car or truck is't driveable, you likely have something that is.  So buck up fellows and see if we can get some others then the usual subjects to leave their county. 

We can even designate a time and dat for a fourm chat to get suggestions, concerns, and other thoughts out.  this is a 190 mile, 3.5 mile sojurn for me.

Greg;

My plans as of now are to be in Akron, NY with my pilgrum May 29, 30 and I will be leaving for home the 31st. Perhaps we could meet for lunch in Canandaigua on Thursday May 30th. Anyone else local to you that may be able to join us? The members map shows a couple truck guys within driving range. I thought there was a guy near Buffalo but he is not on the map nor are there any other car guys who have added them selves to the member map.

little short on notice, was there last year with Mark (Ruby 48) and we didn't like the way we were treated by the organizers.  Told we had to stay on the field till 3PM.  Don't feel like being held hostage again.

I am going to Rhinebeck on Sunday with my son and his family.  I won't be bringing the Plymouth.  I plan on being by the grandstand on the infield where the Hudson Valley chapter of the POC will have some cars set up.  It would be nice to meet you if possible

What about Rhinebeck next weekend?  I'm planning to be there Sunday with my wife unless our plans get de-railed (which happened for the last 3-4 years...)

post-668-0-91240200-1367229445_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1940plymouth

Hershey in my opinion is just to big to try to set up anything of substance.  I personally would prefer a smaller less crowded venue.  But that certainly is not meant to stop any one from trying to get together with folks going there.  the Studebaker truck group I belong to usually tries to set up a breakfast or dinner in the area rather than try to get folks together at the event site. That seems to work out as folks aren't in thier gotta see everything mode.

Edited by greg g

I share a vendor spot in the Chocolate Field which is several rows away from the Bridge that takes you over to the green Field. Id there is interest then I could list the site number and a date and time for everyone to have a quick meet and greet.  Whats everyones thoughts on this. Just throwing it out to the members.  Just an informal meeting nothing specifc planned. We are located in the lower right hand side of this section very close the tool guy that has the large tent setup and down the same asile from the guy from I think SC that sells alot of MoPar items.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com