49 Dodge Wayfarer (Coupe)

doctor dirt

I appreciate your view and I assure you the comments in question aren't "chasing me away" at all! Its just that at my age now I have no time for "trying out" to be a worthy member here!

I think you or they are confusing this forum with the HAMB or another site. I've been here for a while now,and this is the most "newbie-friendly" site I have ever been on.

In fact,it may be the only forum I have posted on regullary that I didn't get into a argument on with somebody.

• 5 years later...
On 4/14/2013 at 5:33 PM, _shel_ny said:

EDIT: please disregard any info provided on the grommet. 49-50 vehicles are apparently different than earlier versions.

For the grommets you might try this.

the 1/2" package is just an example and would not be correct (just the size I had hanging in the garage)

EDIT: most anything that provides the same results would work.

You need something to fill the area around the wiper pivot (at the motor itself) where the linkage slips on.

You need something between the linkage and the clip that keeps it on the motor pivot.

A grommet would not actually have to snug in on both faces of the linkage. Could be glued, but would be 

held somewhat in place by the linkage, and clip anyway.

post-80-0-84579200-1365953387_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-20334200-1365953406_thumb.jpg

Just in case this is still being read. Is a grommet enough? Or do I need anything else around the wiper pivot? Where can I find a grommet that has the exact inside opening to be fitting around the motor pivot? thanks