Irs Says I Owe 20,496.00 For 2011

stan's52

I get this letter yesterday from the IRS saying yesterday  I owe that much more for year 2011. I do weed mowing for different businesses who have weeds on their vaccent land they own. One sent a 1099 saying they paid me 685.00 for a job. Someone the IRS turned that number into 68,500. I got the bill for unreported wages of $20,496.00. Those scumbags waited for a year to notify me, and let the intrest accumulate. All I can do now is sent the correct 1099, and see what happens. Anyone ever had to deal with something like that?  Stan

• 2 weeks later...

What Harold said.

I've never had to deal with them .... but they can be a real pain.  I would want to make sure both parties

are on the same page.....which you seem to be planning to do.  Can you call and speak with anyone

there to ask what you need to do per their rules?  Otherwise, you may need to get a tax preparer

office or an accountant......maybe even an attorney in the picture .... if they persist in believing the

big number is correct.