My New Off Topic 52 Chebby

55 Fargo

Well I actually committed to buying this car from a friend a few years ago.

Stock, low mile 216, 2nd owner car.

Funky paint job, solid as they can be, needs a brake job, he gave me all brand new parts.

I am going to start her up this week.

Some pics

post-107-0-41028800-1365558279_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-60115100-1365558288_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-63616400-1365558299_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-32995000-1365558305_thumb.jpg

She will be mostly stock, but somewhat custom 2 tone paint, chrome bumpers and grille, baby moons and chrome reverse, but most likely no body side trim or rocker trim. I want to do a 50s style tuck and roll interior... all some day. I will get her mechanically sound and cleaned up first

After 2 days finally fired up the 52 216, and Man does she run and idle nice.

I had a whole heap of trouble getting her going, had no spark, even with all new ignition parts. I tried every test, finally discovered, points were grounding to the dizzy, history repeated itself, same thing happened when I go the Fargo going.

She runs great, have to get the cooling system filled. The genny and reg, are not puttin out any juice, the reg looks sick.

I bought a new 6 volt battery, maybe I should convert to 12 volt now, my choices are that, fix genny and buy another reg, or but a 6 volt alt locally for a $150. I have not made up my mind yet. This little 216 starts way easier than my 47 Chrysler did, and out in the cold too........

Edited by 55Fargo