Midwest Gathering

Thanks Merle, 

I think the 51D school bus will be here.  Don't feel obligated to bring anything,  we don't expect anybody who is coming from any distance to do that.  I have a full bar and there will be more food than you can imagine.  Just come and enjoy the event, make sure your girl freind remembers to bring the coconut bra.  

I just ordered the 170# pig, my mouth is watering already. 

Thanks Merle, 

, make sure your girl freind remembers to bring the coconut bra.  

She said she'd only come if I promise that she'll get lei'd. That sounded like a good deal to me. :D  I also teased her about wearing a grass skirt and coconut bra. She says that's not going to happen. :P

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I dug the pit last night with my Johny and my wife has been mowing between rain.  It looks like the weather will be clearing and it will be great weather for the weekend.  I think there is over 200 replies for guests.  I did not get DC Pete done, I tried to get the box boards done but got crazy busy at work, I have a lot of making up after the nasty winter we just had.  I plan on parking DC Pete with the rest of the old time vehichles. (Just don't look to close)  Looking forward to seeing you guys and lady's. 

• Like 1

Sitting at home waiting for you guys to recover and post some pictures.....!!!! :lol:

I suspect food comas and beerfest blish with a hint of soda heaven. ^_^

48D

• Like 1

below is a link to all my pics of the event.  Thanks again Todd for the great time!

It was a hell of a weekend.  First my girlfriend gets rearended on the way over to my place, then stopping for gas I do what I haven't done since high school...I locked my keys in my truck!  An hour later with some help from locals and I was back on the road (with a very scratched up door frame).  Got to Todd's and seemed to have brought rain with us!   :(  Had a great meet and greet with all the packer fans in attendance, some didn't like trading jokes back and forth it seemed tho, some did...was still a good time.  The pig was AWESOME!  Things thinned out, the sun went down and the bonfire started.  I introduced Todd to BeerDarts and everyone seemed to enjoy the game (except Todd, who kept losing).  Had a good night's rest, loaded up my truck with 9 doors and a tailgate, had a great breakfast and headed home.  My truck had an odd howl around 60MPH the whole way home in the front end, so i'll have to check my bearings soon.  Tried to stop at microbreweries on the way home and pick up some barely pops, oddly in wisconSIN there were some closed establishments!  Bars closed on wisconSIN, CLOSED!  Just not right for that state.  Got home, 5 minutes from home..pouring rain getting all my parts wet   :(  unloaded got home sent the g/f home and got the call back her car was hesitating and not driving well, more than likely it will get totaled so I will be helping her with a new vehicle.  Attached is a link to my photobucket album!

Awesome time!

http://s1178.photobucket.com/user/ggdad1951/library/Todds%20luau

It was a great party. The weather was a bit crappy, but we didn't let it dampen our fun. I was a little disappointed about the turnout from the truck guys. You all missed a great feast. Todd and Lynn have a great place and were awesome hosts. Thanks guys.

The good news is that I finally got my windshield to stop leaking. Good thing too as we drove through a fair amount of rain Saturday. Now I'm not afraid to take it out in foul weather.

Merle

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words and for traveling so far to get there.  I really enjoyed you guys showing up and talking with both of you and your girl freinds.  I do have a problem with Mark taking a steel tip dart and throwing it at me.  The cool thing about beer darts is the more you play, the more you forget that someone who is also drinking is throwing a dart towards your nuts. 

Had a blast and Lynn and I are in for Back to the Fifties next year.

• Like 2

Looked like a great party to me!!

Hey mark, maybe the howling noise was coming from deep inside your little chivey?

Might have been intimidating being repsonsible for all those bitchin Dodge parts.....lol.

BTW, when Mark stopped off at the west coast gathering, he brought, he introduced, and left a set of beer darts.

My son is a master....my 21 y/o son. He's waiting for you Mark...lol.

The tent is a GREAT idea Todd, I know it was raining a bit, but to have a nice local area to hang out looked fun.

I congratulate you guys!!! Wish I was there...if there's one kinda shirt that fits me, its a Hawaiian Shirt!!!! :lol: 

48/4XL

Edited by 48dodger

Looked like a great party to me!!

Hey mark, maybe the howling noise was coming from deep inside your little chivey?

Might have been intimidating being repsonsible for all those bitchin Dodge parts.....lol.

BTW, when Mark stopped off at the west coast gathering, he brought, he introduced, and left a set of beer darts.

My son is a master....my 21 y/o son. He's waiting for you Mark...lol.

The tent is a GREAT idea Todd, I know it was raining a bit, but to have a nice local area to hang out looked fun.

I congratulate you guys!!! Wish I was there...if there's one kinda shirt that fits me, its a Hawaiian Shirt!!!! :lol: 

48/4XL

or a Vikes jersey!   :P

Tim, you'd have a blast!  Todd and you would get along great.  I'll take the boy up on a challenge anyday when I'm back!

Thanks for the kind words and for traveling so far to get there.  I really enjoyed you guys showing up and talking with both of you and your girl freinds.  I do have a problem with Mark taking a steel tip dart and throwing it at me.  The cool thing about beer darts is the more you play, the more you forget that someone who is also drinking is throwing a dart towards your nuts. 

Had a blast and Lynn and I are in for Back to the Fifties next year.

Just be thankful it wasn't New Years, everyone wasn't drunk, that it was a dart and not a nine laser point Glock pointed at your family jewels.

I don't want to talk about it,

Hank   :mad: