Clutch Replacement

52dodge

Lets put this in reverse, so to speak, for a moment :)

Back, back, back  somewhere you mentioned that some lube leaked out the hole in the front (normal occurrence) of the transmission prior to you taking for repair. Do you remember how thick the lube was.  Did it smell like gear lube. You will not hurt anything by getting some GL-1 from NAPA and giving that a try.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought about this at one point when i was trying to figure out what fluid to use,and to be honest it was so black and nasty it coulda been either,i stopped at napa and tractor supply and neither had a listing for anything other than gl4 or 5

i stopped at napa and tractor supply and neither had a listing for anything other than gl4 or 5

Odd.

From the NAPA website.

Search GL-1

Gear Oil, GL-1 90 Gear Oil; 80w90; 1 GAL

Part Number: NHF 65201

Sitting in the window at NAPA here.  Any NAPA should be able to get it.

EDIT: on the shelf in East Greenbush,  Central ave in Albany,  TJ's on Grove street in Vorheesville, Scotia, Clifton Park, Troy, Latham, and 2600 Guilderland in Schenectady.  Maybe you need a new NAPA store.
Edited by shel_bizzy_48