Quiet Ride Questions

If I have done it correctly, there should be four photos of the 49CJ3A Jeep that I restored for my son. After I finished it, I started on the restoration of my '51 B3C, I have a long way to go before I complete this puppy.

Obviously, I still don't know how to resize my photos yet. I will have to consult with my daughter again. In any event, I will try again, but this time without resizing.

Barry

post-2952-0-26349600-1365516610_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-51107000-1365516652_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-02805600-1365516806_thumb.jpg

post-2952-0-79575200-1365516867_thumb.jpg

Barry

Post the image in its original size and I will copy it and try to resize it.  I do this resize all the time when I email pics and it always works.

Thank you for the offer. Before taking you up on it, my daughter is coming over on Sun. night and I will ask her to diagnose my problem. Compared to me, she is a computer guru. Hopefully, she will figure out what I am doing wrong and set me straight. If she can't, I will post a photo for you to work on. Thanks again.

Barry

Thank you for the offer. Before taking you up on it, my daughter is coming over on Sun. night and I will ask her to diagnose my problem. Compared to me, she is a computer guru. Hopefully, she will figure out what I am doing wrong and set me straight. If she can't, I will post a photo for you to work on. Thanks again.

Barry

My daughter came over last night and I explained my probllem. She clicked around for about 20 minutes and finally concluded that the problem was probably my old computer and the fact that I have all my restoration photos on my computer rather than a separate storage area like Photolink (or something like that). Since I have hundreds of photos from 5 previous tractor restoration projects, as well as many other photos, I decided that I was NOT going that route (something about old dogs and new tricks).

Thus, I will continue to post photos as in the past and get used to scrolling to the right and down. Thank you all for you suggestions.

Barry

I know what you mean about not wanting to host things online as it is often a bother.  Personally I select a video format on my camera as the default  size when taking the pictures just so that hosting online is never a bother.  I use a 680-480 resolution size and never have a problem hosting here...

Pretty much everyone is using a digital camera now.  I would recommend getting an additional memory card and downloading all your stored photos onto one.  I've had 2 computors completely crash on me and the photos stored on them are irretreivable.  Rather than using online storage, I have mine on a card the size of a postage stamp.

My daughter came over last night and I explained my probllem. She clicked around for about 20 minutes and finally concluded that the problem was probably my old computer and the fact that I have all my restoration photos on my computer rather than a separate storage area like Photolink (or something like that). Since I have hundreds of photos from 5 previous tractor restoration projects, as well as many other photos, I decided that I was NOT going that route (something about old dogs and new tricks).

Thus, I will continue to post photos as in the past and get used to scrolling to the right and down. Thank you all for you suggestions.

Barry

Barry, I sure hope that you have copies of all your photos stored elsewhere also. (ie external harddrive, hard copies, photobucket. something.) I learned the hard way. Had all my pics on my computer then one day the harddrive just gave up the ghost........I lost everything.  facepalm_smiley.gif

Barry, I sure hope that you have copies of all your photos stored elsewhere also. (ie external harddrive, hard copies, photobucket. something.) I learned the hard way. Had all my pics on my computer then one day the harddrive just gave up the ghost........I lost everything.  facepalm_smiley.gif

No, unfortunately I don't have them stored elsewhere - BUT I WILL! Thank you and Dave72dt for your good advice.

Barry

I learned the hard way too Barry as I lost plenty of photos a while back after my computer crashed. I have previously stored photos on CD's but they have been known to fail as well. I like the  idea of saving to a memory card and might give that a go. I generally take photos of vehicles in as high a resolution as I can as I find the zoom qualities beneficial. I generally reduce all photos down to 720 x 480 resolution and attach them as thumbnails when posting here.

I think the easiest way to back up anything is with an external drive like the one linked. If all you use it for is backup it wont wear out soon. Plug it into a usb port then copy and paste on the drive. Put it up when done until you need to back up something else. No power cords just a lot of space. Memory cards don't have that much space so I am not sure that will get you where you want to be.  Some external drives even come with a button, push that and automatic back of the entire computer. Just a suggestion.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007601%2050001306&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

Al

On my computer you've passed the test.

Thank you! I feel that I scored a minor computer victory on this. Thanks to all you guys who helped me along the way, and particularly my daughter. I like to think that she is a chip off the old block, but she's not - she's better than the old block.

Barry