Direction Of Dpetca...

Direction of DPETCA  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Leave it alone, it is fine the way it is.

2. 2. Let it expire and distribute any assets back to the members.

• Yes, let it expire.
    • No, lets keep it going.
  3. 3. If the club is allowed to close, move the content to Pilot-house.com.

• Yes, save the content on pilot-house.com.
    • No, find another option.
  4. 4. Recruit new volunteers to form a Board of Directors (BOD) and get it moving a again.

• Yes, and I volunteer for the BOD.
    • Yes, but I don't want to serve on a BOD.
    • No, leave as it is.
  5. 5. Create a subscription service for Pilot-House owners with expanded site services like a personal blog.

• Yes, I would be interested.
    • No, not interested.
  6. 6. I have a better idea...

• See my post.
    • No, I don't have a better idea.

I have been having discussions with Bob Koch and other members of DPETCA regarding the future direction of the organization.  

One disclosure point I need to provide up front is this site (P15-d24 & Pilot-house.com)  has no official connection with DPETCA other than providing this complementary forum for the club and it's members. Second I own Pilot-House. com and it is not directly associated with DPETCA other then the common interest in Dodge trucks. The reason I bring this up is DPETCA is incorporated as non-profit organization and this site is not.  Because of this their may be some issues to address if changes are made to DPETCA.

Currently DPETCA is like being in neutral, engine is running but no direction forward or back. The recent recession has had it toll on these types of organizations. The question is what do the members want to do with DPETCA? 

I will post a poll so we can get an idea on the direction. And please post your comments/ideas as this discussion is wide open to other ideas.  

1. One choice is leave it as is and don't do anything. Continue to collect memberships and maybe we will get additional interest later. Their are ongoing expenses the club has such as maintaining the non=profit incorporation, and domain and hosting fees that will need to be paid annually. 

2. Let it expire. Instead of renewing the non-profit paperwork let it expire, then figure out how to redistribute any assets (I'm sure their is some legal guidelines to follow) and let the web site and domain expire at the end of their contracts. 

3. If number 2 is chosen, an option is to move the web site content over to this site so it is not lost. Pilot-house.com will continue into the future as I'm building additional content for the site. 

4. Recruit additional volunteers (As in a Board of Directors) to set a new focus and direction for DPETCA and a plan to implement it moving forward.

5. Create a new a Pilot-House.com "club" as subscription service here which would provide additional functionality for members like individual blogs and additional online storage capacity for documenting their projects. Also at as a clearing house for organic activities like meets, BBQs or social events. 

6. You have a better idea then post it in the thread! 

Let's get some discussion started on this so we can agree where we want to go! 

Edited by adminstrator_p15d24ph

I don't have any good ideas at this time, but I'd hate to see the club fold without exploring some options. I believe Tim has mentioned that there will be discussion on this topic during the Clements BBQ. Just another reason that I'm glad I can attend this year. I'm willing to pitch in as much as I am able. I look forward to discussing these options when I'm out there.

If the club were to fold, then yes, the information available on the DEPTCA site needs to be saved and transfered somewhere where Pilot-House enthusiasts can still access it. If that's your Pilot-House.com then so be it. I'd say that's probably the best alternative at this time.

I look forward to hearing other points of view.

Merle

I don't know.....I kinda agree with Merle, while I TRIED to be a member for DEPTCA, the club really didn't do anything, and even sending in "dues" was kinda happenstance/random.  I'd LOVE to see it continue, and would be as active in it as time allows, I don't know if there is enough interest in things like that anymore? 

As merle stated so well, the DATA needs to be save at a MINIMUM.  WAY to much there to let go, maybe move it over to Pilot-House.com or the P15-D24?  I see a lot of synergy on the forums and would hate to see the PH stuff drop to another forum site.

I'll hold off on my votes until more comment/what comes out of the BBQ discussions.

I don't know if there is enough interest in things like that anymore? 

I'll hold off on my votes until more comment/what comes out of the BBQ discussions.

I think your first question is very relevant. I'm one of the founding members of the CA POC region and that organization is going through a similar review for future direction.  I think the "traditional" activities clubs use to provide are changing with today's economics and the figuring the additional value they provide (or members want) is the big question. Hope we will see more feedback from the members.  

I will push back the poll close date until few days after the BBQ discussions.  

As a NEW member of only 3 days and from the UK I dont really have much to offer, the information I have found / used already has had a major impact on my truck project.

It would be very sad to see it go, however I understand the reasoning behind it.

In the first instance I would say how many members is there? and as important how many pilothouse trucks are surviving now?

Surely if there are lots of members / trucks then closing should be a last resort.

As others have stated above, the knowledge base MUST be saved!!

If there is anything I can do over here I am more than happy to help... I have been speaking to Bob only last week about the truck and offering my help etc... I can give time to forums and the like as I live on the computer.

TrOjAn

I was holding my thoughts til I was able to see guys from DPETCA face to face.....but I realize I would rather have fun than a meeting. And since its been addressed here, I would like to give my honest opinion now.

I feel DPETCA has done its job. It brought truck owners together and eventually brought them here to this forum, where it has really grown. I belive that the base of information on the DPETCA site, should be tranfered and re-created on Pilot-House.com. 

I feel there should still be a binding thread to all the truck guys here and abroad. Maybe the creation of a simpler name, logo, and mission statement.

Forum members local to each other, could use the "Forum Logo" on jackets and a regional name to set themselves apart. if that group wants to collect dues and get into that part of the club world, let that be on them. Use the "Forum Logo" in a fair manner and donate to the forum. 

Examples may look like this:

ex one:

Tim Estrada, Jim Shepard, Bob Koch, Reg Evans form a diner group that "meets" once a month and laughs. They wear letterman jackets with the "Forum Logo" and a regional title of "NOR CAL VINTAGE DODGE TRUCKS". They meet when they can, and the common thread with another group is the forum and the "Forum Logo".

ex two:

ED, Merle and Mark form an official club with dues and officers. They use the "Forum Logo" and the regional title of "LAND OF VINTAGE MOPAR TRUCKS" They donate to the forum and send members to other truck group events.

ex three:

Joe is the only forum member in sight where he lives......he forms his own one man club called "LONE WOLF MOPAR"....His black leather jacket bares the "Forum Logo" and his one man club name. he drives cross crountry to the Clements Tailgate BBQ to get his club fix every other year. 

My point is simple. The forum creates a common thread with all who participate here, that's been proven already. A simple logo is a way to show our support for each other, and the mission statement is really an agreement to be cool when using the logo. 

"Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks of America" is a long name....a good name, but long. It excludes our Aussie, Canadian, and other world wide friends....which is why I suggest a name change. 

I hope my points are clear and leaves the impression that I really care about the members here and our trucks. 

Tim Estrada aka 48Dodger

• Like 2

My 2 cents worth:

DPETCA is a mouthful and it excludes any member outside of the U.S.

Right now, I'm not convinced we need a BOD. Let individuals donate to Pilothouse.com as they see fit.

Nothing (outside of the cost of running the site and maybe adding items to the store) is being paid for or

is needing attention (money wise).

Roll all information over to the Pilothouse forums.

Let whomever is in charge of the funds that DPETCA has in it's treasury, donate them to the Pilothouse forum to help

offset the cost of the new software and server.

IF Pilothouse.com grows, individual 'chapters' could be started. IE.. Northeast, Southeast, etc.......

Keven

ED, Merle and Mark form an official club with dues and officers. They use the "Forum Logo" and the regional title of "LAND OF VINTAGE MOPAR TRUCKS" They donate to the forum and send members to other truck group events.

Did you have to lump me in with those guys.......................

• Like 1

Did you have to lump me in with those guys.......................

hey now!  I go out to Vegas to stand around in a booth to hawk the company wares, SHOOT FULLY AUTOMATIC weapons (WAY too fun) and look at girls in bikinis at the pool and I come back to this!  I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!  :eek:

hey now!  I go out to Vegas to stand around in a booth to hawk the company wares, SHOOT FULLY AUTOMATIC weapons (WAY too fun) and look at girls in bikinis at the pool and I come back to this!  I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!  :eek:

After bragging about all that stuff you deserved it!

• 3 weeks later...