Well Sunday was a little productive as you can see below.  I'm hoping to be down to the rolling frame and powertrain in the next 2 weeks,  Lotta crap in there!  Plus a lotta crap in the other side of the firewall!  Part of me doesn't know what to keep and what to toss!

20180204_141502.jpg

On 2/5/2018 at 6:53 AM, ggdad1951 said:

Well Sunday was a little productive as you can see below.  I'm hoping to be down to the rolling frame and powertrain in the next 2 weeks,  Lotta crap in there!  Plus a lotta crap in the other side of the firewall!  Part of me doesn't know what to keep and what to toss!

20180204_141502.jpg

Ok, I will bite.....what are you dragging home now?

well it was a busy night last night...I hope I didn't cut anything that can't be replaced as I had to cut a few things (throttle cable, fuel cut off cable and inter cooler lines)to finally free the beast!

20180213_204353.jpg

20180213_181648.jpg

20180213_204400.jpg

20180213_204356.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, ggdad1951 said:

a little closer...

20180212_180849.jpg

poor FEF! can't even look... you had to cover him to keep him from seeing.

Geeze, I think I would have built a wall to protect him, :)   

• Like 1

well, the project may have taken a time hit..I got my first quote back for engine rebuild....$12k+  NOT including a couple of grand for the fuel pump....erf...

Those engines are normally good for over 300k with decent maintenance.  Injectors, glow plugs and rebuild of the fuel pump are usually all they require. Something wrong with the engine that it requires a rebuild?  A remanned long block may be more cost effective than having yours redone. You can still go ahead with cab and doghouse mockup. 

2 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

well, the project may have taken a time hit..I got my first quote back for engine rebuild....$12k+  NOT including a couple of grand for the fuel pump....erf...

Wow. I was going to sell my 2011 dually crew can Cummins with 180,000 miles for $14,000.  

3 minutes ago, Todd B said:

Wow. I was going to sell my 2011 dually crew can Cummins with 180,000 miles for $14,000.  

yah...number seems high, it's the local Cummins rebuild site with 100K mile warrentee...

2 hours ago, bones44 said:

Have you priced a Cummins ReCon engine?

That's what I'd have then! 

problem is: I dropped 4K on the truck FOR the engine already...

Get yourself some good measuring tools, take that motor apart, and see what needs to be done. Then farm out the machine work done that's necessary, and buy only the new parts that are necessary. Heck, you might only need new gaskets, not knowing what the history is on it.

7 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Is that the same chassis that you pulled the engine out of?

Edit: Never mind... I just went back and looked at the pictures and answered my own question...

lol...THIS frame is actuallu 98% rust free!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 4:25 PM, Todd B said:

Awesome. I like how the rear sits high. 

that will change.  the last picture is more indicative of how it should sit.