Struggling With New Stuff

mrwrstory

Hi Guys,

It's a new year frought with challenges to this senior's brain.  They say,.....you gotta keep learning to discourage the effects of old age.  Well, I'm trying. 

YES!!!!! next question, can one attach or paste a larger image, or is the thumbnail "it"?

I would't worry about large images. When I click on your thumbnails they open as a full size picture.

Also large images might be a pain for those with slow internet connections.

Nice truck too.

Roger

Larger Images: that's great !!! When I click on the "thumbnails", nothing happens - Nada - Phi - Null ???  I'm in the same boat as mrwrstory, this new "format" has proved to be (to me) very frustrating, but yes, I'm still here !!!  Cass, alias littlemo...

Bill when posting from P bucket, when you open your picture, on the right hand side of the screen are a number of links to the picture for posting within different internet formats.  I usually have luck by copying the direct link. place your cursor over the direct link line, right click then select the copy command or hit control and c.  Then on the forum page in the text area open the image link (the tool button in the second line that looks like a post card 11th from the left), when that box opens right click and use control v or the past command. to transfer your photo info into the box.  Make sure that the information line begins with http//: and ends with jpg.

then use preview post to see if you have what you want before hitting the post button. 

On Photobucket when you run your mouse over a picture in your album (you must be logged in to Photobucket for this to work) a wheel will appear in the top right corner of the picture. Run your mouse over this wheel and a drop down box opens with several options. Left click on the Get Links option and another small window opens. You will find an option that says IMG codes (for forums, boards). There will be a box below that option with a code that starts with a [ img ] and ends with a [ /img ]. Left click that box and the code will be copied and sent to your clipboard.

Then go back to the forum message you want to add a picture to. You will see three clipboards on the toolbar above. left click on the one that says "PASTE". Not paste as plain text or past from word but simply PASTE. Click on that clipboard and paste the picture. You may get a prompt asking if you want to allow access. Click on allow.

Make sure your curser is in an open area below your text before pasting. Otherwise the picture will appear in the middle of your text. Lastly preview your posting before posting. This will allow you to proofread and make any corrections.

front3.jpg

Edited by Don Coatney
  • Like 1

Then go back to the forum message you want to add a picture to. You will see three clipboards on the toolbar above. left click on the one that says "PASTE". Not paste as plain text or past from word but simply PASTE. Click on that clipboard and paste the picture. You may get a prompt asking if you want to allow access. Click on allow.

A quicker way is to just use the "Ctrl" and "V" keys on your key board. I have edited my Photobucket so that it only shows the IMG code. That made it easier to copy it. Then when I'm typing in my message, I get the curser where I want the picture and press the "Ctrl" and "V" keys together (Paste shortcut) to enter the copied code.

Merle

Larger Images: that's great !!! When I click on the "thumbnails", nothing happens - Nada - Phi - Null ???  I'm in the same boat as mrwrstory, this new "format" has proved to be (to me) very frustrating, but yes, I'm still here !!!  Cass, alias littlemo...

Do you have popups blocked on your browser? When the image opens from a thumbnail it pops a new window. Your browser may be blocking it. 

If I do I don"t know it, or how to correct it: would that be "specific" to this web site???  Pop-ups work fine for me on the H.A.M.B. and other forum web-sites??? Just having trouble here since the new format install ?? ?  Cass, alias littlemo... ( sorry, don't mean to capture thread )

OK.....now I have switched to Google Chrome for a browser and it seems to make Photobucket

work better.....with a few differences from Windows.  Was able to use the green tree thing now.....so

maybe it will be OK in the future.  Gotta love this modern science.

DSC06799.jpg

DSC06772.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I found this out by accident, didn't see anything about it in the Help Topics, so I thought I'd post this li'l nugget:

if'n ya want to post an external link in a forum posting:  in a second window, open the target link to copy the url to the clipboard; then in the forum posting window, type the text ya want seen for the link, then highlight that text, then click on the 'insert hyperlink' icon to paste the target url...when doing this method, instead of the target url appearing as text within the post (i.e. http://www.rust-cure.com/), desired text will show for the target url (i.e. Rust Cure)...it's snazzy internet editing  :cool:

Maybe it's just cause I'm an "Oldguy", but "URL's and "Hyperlinks", and all the other computer gobeldegook just simply confuses me.  I truly cannot understand why all this must be so confusing and convoluted.  It's a pain in the rear to simply post a picture on the forum if the pic size exceeds 1 Mb.  Why can't this be made simpler, so that even  I can understand it????

Sorry for the rant, but this whole process should be simplified.  I guess I'll have to seek advice from my 9 year old grandson.

Wayne