Anybody Know About Marmon-Herrington?

41/53dodges

We were searching around town here today, and ran across an old delivery truck sitting in the weeds at a dealership. turns out, the thing is a Marmon-Herrington Delivr-All. according to somebody on Hemmings, there are only 6 known to still exist! does anybody know about these things at all? google renders little help, but maybe I can get some pics later!

They were most know for producing 4wd drive components, and had a partnership with Ford to provide their early 4wd drive stuff.  Mostly they were know for real heavy duty stuff like logging equipment military drive trains etc.  They did make their own line of truck and a fellow near here had a Marmon 3 drive axle HD recovery tow truck.  I believe its a 1959/60.  I have seen it pulling transit buses, road tractors, fire trucks, and heavy construction equipment. 

does the one you found look like this

o_w5xBs21VPwvbPYB.jpg

dsc_9503_20070610.jpg

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/m/marmon_herrington/marmon_herrington.htm

Edited by greg g

• 1 month later...

So we were in Arizona last week for a bit of vacation.  While nosing around in Jerome, Az, we came across an abandoned copper mine, and in the equipment yard for the mine we spotted this;

I guess they can add one more to the known survivors.

post-17-0-81587700-1366869421_thumb.jpeg