51 Truck

Husker

do a search on the forum for the window stuff, they've been discussed plenty and there are a few tricks (the adjustment nut behind the door panel for one)you might need to use to get things happy.  Look up the exploded views on the DPETCA website inthe parts manuals, that should help as well.

Edited by ggdad1951

So I got the bumpers and the sun visor today. Short the interior door handles and a window crank.  I am going to  look for a stock bench seat this weekend, not a big fan of the buckets and I want to be able to drag a couple of my grand kids around at a time.

I will search the site, thanks for the tips!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice Looking Truck !

I showed this picture to Chloe and she immediately said, "That truck was NOT at the BBQ!"  Very interesting how much kids see and remember.  They still talk about the weekend. 

truck038_zpsd5b14a6a.jpg

Nice looking truck . I like the pitched roofs on the homes in the photos . On a flat roof , one little hole the diameter of a pencil can cause a lot of water damage . 

LOL!  Now that was funny!  Personally I miss walking out the door of the house to my garage and can not wait till our new home is built so I can have a shop again.    

So I took the truck out for a drive yesterday for the first time as I have had it sitting at a buddies house since last fall. I have some work to do to get it road worthy as she likes to wonder. She has the stock suspension underneath and was dropped old school so there is no ride at all. I want to put around with her this summer so I need to fix the steering right away.  On a positive note the old 302 runs great! 

I have this crazy idea that I want a Harley.  If it sells OK, if not I will continue to tinker with it. Having trouble finding a steering wheel adapter for it so I can put a decent wheel on it.  I hate that huge on that is in it.     

I did crawl under the truck today to check out the suspension. It all looks stock but I suspect they may have pulled a spring. It has 3 leafs in the front that look awfully small for a truck. The frame looks great so if I don't get my $4500 I have in it I will get it so it is roadworthy and drive it this summer and do some suspension upgrades this winter.  

I need a inside window crank and 2 inside door handles, anyone have anything cheap? 

Husker, don't you also need outside door handles?

A Harley might get out performed by a smaller CC bike, but nothing has the 'cool' factor that a Harley or Indian have.  ;)

I agree that Indian motorcycles are cool. But in my opinion I view Harleys more cult than cool. Too many accessories. Everybody buys the same chrome stuff. And I don't understand what the turn on is with buying your lady friend a Harley nighty. :P

post-16-0-93594900-1398266719_thumb.jpg