B1B Keven

Heater Control Valve Rebuild Parts.

The dual heater control valve is another that really is worth rebuilding as valuable as they are.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

The dual heater control valve is another that really is worth rebuilding as valuable as they are.

Bob, I just broke the center stud off the valve portion, as in your 1st pic.

Does anyone have an extra, or how could I make something for this.

The dual heater, is other wise in good shape.

I had to heat this stud, and the nut cam off fine, but pushing it out of the housing it broke off.....thanx Fred

are the valves, mentioned bij the OP still new available? I have the same type mounted on my engine but I can't seem to find a replacement because it looks "end of life..."

Some have offered a manual valve but I do want an original cable operated valve.

thanks

001 - Copy (36).JPG

oddly I JUST saw this post...where would one find that packing?

oddly I JUST saw this post...where would one find that packing?

I missed this somehow too. I have 2 of these sitting here that need rebuilding!

Go to "Omni Packing and Seal" in Seattle and buy bulk packing material and make your own.

Or your own local company.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

Well I finally got 1 step closer. Got one of these completely apart. That center shaft that turns was hard to get out. Days of soaking and messing with it.

Any is this the proper order? Cover that the shaft goes through, full gasket, metal gasket, then the fiber and metal bowtie shaped pieces that turn with the shaft, washer and nut on the shaft, then a perimeter gasket and a spring between that stuff and the other half?

Does the new packing mentioned replace that entire outside piece or do you somehow get that out and restuff it?

IMG_20151114_152123.jpg

I bought a kit from NAPA a few years ago to redo one of mine. Just the two seals, about $7.00 I think. But I could never get it to work right after replacing them. Despite my best efforts the one I took apart never worked right again. I must have done something wrong but I surely cannot tell what it was.

yes taking one of these apart for "repair" isn't really an option.  I'd guess you'd have leaks around the stem.  I took one down years ago....I really don't see a "repair" for these.