Ot Fuel Economy News Ot

greg g

A recent study shows that the average American male walks 900 miles a year.  That same fellow will consume on average 22 gallons of beer.   This yields a average of 40.9 miles per gallon.  This average beats the CAFE average. Congratulations fellows.

American Beer drinkers, reducing America's carbon footprint 12 oz's. at a time.

A recent study shows that the average American male walks 900 miles a year. . .

Miles walked sounds high to me. I walk just under 4 miles round trip to work most days. Assuming I walk an average 4.5 days a week and do it for 50 weeks of the year that's 900 miles. But it is my impression that I do a lot more walking than the average person. What "recent study" came up with that number?

Edited by TodFitch

Of course with studies of this type, attribution usually gets cloudy in the passing along of the material, so I can not give you a source.  And like everything else on the interwebs, it should be take with a grain of salt.  But just enough to raise the head, and not enough to spoil the brew.