Electric Wipers

H Suhling

I used a light grease that my dad had laying around the garage. The original grease in mine was like a rock. My motor spins a lot faster since cleaning and putting new grease in but it still doesn't have much power once you get it installed with fresh blades on the glass. 

• 2 weeks later...

I converted my truck to 12V but still have 6V wiper motor.  I tried a runtz reducer but it got hot/FAST and the wipers were VERY/TOO fast so I disconnected the motor before I burned it up.  Do I need 2 reducers? 

Same for gas tank, the gauge is still 6V, what can I do to get my gas gauge working?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...

take a look back at the thread in the tech section where you posted earlier.

i only have a single reducer (not a runtz) for the wiper motor, a single reducer (not a runtz) for the heater motor, and a runtz reducer for the gas gauge.

don't use a runtz for the wiper/heater motors.

did you look up the part numbers for the reducers that i listed? they work well.

I have regular Chrysler ballast resistors for the heater motors in both my 1 ton and 36 Plymouth.  Fan seeds about the same as they were when they were 6 volts.   Haven't burned a motor or resistor since I did this several years ago.

take a look back at the thread in the tech section where you posted earlier. i only have a single reducer (not a runtz) for the wiper motor, a single reducer (not a runtz) for the heater motor, and a runtz reducer for the gas gauge. don't use a runtz for the wiper/heater motors. did you look up the part numbers for the reducers that i listed? they work well.

Wally, how do I find the tech thread. Today I called an electrical company in Shawano WI. and he said I can run the wiper motor off of 12 volt. My buddy who is wiring my truck thinks it needs a reducer. I wold love to know what to do.

Thanks, Todd B