Looks like Photobucket users will HAVE to transition to new format

BobT-47P15

When I brought up my Photobucket account, there is a message at the top saying you only have

around 30 days before they switch to their new format so you might as well click on the

"get started" button.  I went to their home page to look for information on the switch, and

instead of going back to where I was before............the program went to the new format.

So.....looks like I'm there now.  Will just have to see how it goes. 

Aparently the time of "no option" must be at hand.  It appears the same type of links to use in posting a picture to

here are still there.  They seem to be trying to make it more versatile for the average folks who like doing more

creative things with their photos  I'll try it and if it doesn't work for what I want, then will consider switching to another

provider. 

I also have pics on Snapfish.  They wanted me to buy some photo prints in order to maintain use of their site

for free.  So I did buy when they ran a special.  Print quality is good and it is conveient for them to come in the mail.

You just have to select the ones you want from what you already have on the site.      

Bucket has been charging me $75 per year for pretty much unlimited storage space.  So far--Snapfish is free.

Bob $75 per year?? I've only been paying $25. I'm adjusting to the new site. I will say they have made it better from when they first attempted to roll it out. I've got 1000s of pictures in mine so switching would certainly be a hastle!

I readily admit to being a bit of a techno-tard and I have had my complaints about previous changes but the new system seems easy enough to use for storing my photos. I will never use any of the other whiz-bang features so I can't say the entire system change is good or bad.

I preferred the old to the new Photobucket but I have the free Photobucket so can't complain about any changes. If I was paying, it might be different but I appreciate the free aspect. Hope it continues for a while.

Robert to that end I agree with you...I have a free account..I rarely but ever use that account anymore and the storage set aside for me as default is more than generous.  People like Don have had their phot's hosted here like forever..they also have the photos linked here and any disturbance will break that link so I see their concerns.  He also uploads video's..as I am sure other members here may do also