wiper motor conversion

tombstone

Id like to know that myself. I was looking in Speedway's catalog and saw that they have an electric wiper motor conversion for a 48 Ford for a little over $100; I wonder how much modification you'd have to do to make it work?

Best answer is to buy it and report how it works.

That was a baited question, Don. I'm trying to get someone else to buy it and do the work so I can capitalize on their efforts! ;) Seriously; I probably will give it a shot in the near future. I'll be happy to share any findings. 

A number of years ago I restored a '38 Buick Special sedan for a client. He had me convert to 12 volt and install an electric wiper system. I purchased a kit from a regularly advertized company that excapes me. It fit quite well but the wiper action was reverse of the original. which parked the wiper in the up position. I attempted to install a '47 Dodge electric motor in my P-15 coupe thinking that it should be a bolt in. It just won't fit.

Bob

Try checking out Newport Engineering..............they have wiper motors to fit many different cars. I have one for my 50 ply wagon that bolted in.

They are listed in the link directory. Searching by tags will get you these results.

http://mopar.pairserver.com/p15d24ph_forum/index.php?/tags/links/wipers/

• 1 month later...