Bolt pattern for a Dodge 1950

Rodney Bullock

I have a friend who just got a 1950 Dodge sedan. He needs a rear wheel. I had some roller wheels when I first fixed my coupe 1940. My question is would my wheels fit his sedan even though it's a Dodge and what bolt pattern is on a Dodge/plymouth.  

Should be good. Sometimes it won't go the other way without a little work as some dodges had wheel studs and therefore didn't have the extra holes for the alignment peg.

The Chrysler and Desoto used the lug bolts so the rim had to have the extra holes between the lugbolt and lug nuts to let the mounting pin come throught the rim.  The Ply/Dodges used lug studs as we are more accustom to seeing. They all used the same rim  4 1/2  circle by 5 holes.

When people interchnaged the drums onthe Chry/Desoto and put them on the dodge they would just knock off the mounting pin on the drum.

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

The Chrysler and Desoto used the lug bolts so the rim had to have the extra holes between the lugbolt and lug nuts to let the mounting pin come throught the rim.  The Ply/Dodges used lug studs as we are more accustom to seeing. They all used the same rim  4 1/2  circle by 5 holes.

When people interchnaged the drums onthe Chry/Desoto and put them on the dodge they would just knock off the mounting pin on the drum.

Rich HArtung

desoto1939@aol.com

I always found Plymouth used bolts, with the guide pin, and that Dodge almost aways used pressed in lugs and nuts, no pin needed.

Yes the left hand lugs are on the driver's side.

I finally met with the guy's and took them down to my old garage to get the wheels. it's funny there were three different wheels and they all fit the plymouth. The guy had a hubcap and a drum to check the bolt pattern.One wheel had these large clips for a small hub cap however the large hubcap he had fit it. Then the others had no pin but fit the hub cap and the drum. He only wanted two, he got all four. They were 15 inch wheels as well. My Plymouth has the 16 inch tires on it. I don't know where I got my rims from, I know that I did not have them when I started to build the car. They have the pin in all of them.  I guess pre war and post war rims are different however like discussed earlier they differ by make and model Thanks all!