What are you having trouble with

Frank Elder

I also found out that if you log out after changing your name, you must log back in with your original user name ...........or be denied access.

This systems has a display name and username. You can change your display name, Admin changes your username. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

Another feature I miss:

In the old version, you could 'hover' the pointer/cursor over the topic heading and get the first few lines of the content (which would allow you to decide if you felt the post was worth reading or not, without clicking it and then having to back out).

In the new version if you 'hover' the pointer/cursor over the topic heading, all you get now is a dialog box repeating the topic heading. :(

Oh, well.

As you go through the thread list a small black down arrow appears to the right.

Click on it will give you the first and last (most recent) post in the thread.  

Personally I'm loving that feature.  :D

Hello all,

Another feature I miss:

In the old version, you could 'hover' the pointer/cursor over the topic heading and get the first few lines of the content (which would allow you to decide if you felt the post was worth reading or not, without clicking it and then having to back out).

In the new version if you 'hover' the pointer/cursor over the topic heading, all you get now is a dialog box repeating the topic heading. :(

Oh, well.

As you go through the thread list a small black down arrow appears to the right.

Click on it will give you the first and last (most recent) post in the thread.  

Personally I'm loving that feature.  :D

EXCELLENT! - Great new feature. More than makes up for the missing 'hover'

Please disregard previous disenchanted remark... :rolleyes:

I'm still getting accustomed to manuevering through the new site, so maybe I'm missing how to find a few things. I had subscribed to over 50 threads that had various pieces of information on them I would use for reference (seatbelt installation, various PCV installations, etc.), but I cannot locate these subscribed threads. Also, I had several photo albums in my profile as I had trouble loading pics to the gallery, but I cannot locate these albums, the albums I had in the gallery, or the 'favorite' pics in the gallery I had collected either.

I'm still getting accustomed to manuevering through the new site, so maybe I'm missing how to find a few things. I had subscribed to over 50 threads that had various pieces of information on them I would use for reference (seatbelt installation, various PCV installations, etc.), but I cannot locate these subscribed threads. Also, I had several photo albums in my profile as I had trouble loading pics to the gallery, but I cannot locate these albums, the albums I had in the gallery, or the 'favorite' pics in the gallery I had collected either.

If you look at the urls for your subscribed threads it will have a thread ID and number. Search on that id number and you can resubscribe to it. 

Gallery pics have not yet been converted. Vendor is having trouble with the converter and is continuing to work on a fix. Hope to have it all done this week. 

Guest bewillie

GIve me a little more info about what you are trying to do? Hitting the browser "Back" button reloads the page from the server. Have you tried using the navigation hints at the top and bottom of each page. (Page 1 of 1 1 2 ) 

Well I know you already know that at 75 I am a slow learner from some of the questions I have ask you in the past. I haven't been able to get any place on the new fourm. I can't find todays post, If I do get on a post and want to go back to where I was before I went to the post (by hitting back button as I've always done) I go back to the beginning of the first page. How do I change my password? WOW

Dumb Billy

I am getting email notifictions for EVERY new post on subscribed threads, as opposed to a single notification (as was on the old board).

I changed my notification setting from 'Instant' to 'Offline' , but still get the multiple notifications.

And what does the option for "Push Notifications" do?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

Also all attempts I have made to add a photo have failed.

Have you tried to copy the "Direct Link" from Photobucket, then click on the "Image" icon in the tool bar at the top of message composing area, and past the link into the popup window. The "Image" icon is just below and to the left of the "Smily" icon.

I am getting email notifictions for EVERY new post on subscribed threads, as opposed to a single notification (as was on the old board).

I changed my notification setting from 'Instant' to 'Offline' , but still get the multiple notifications.

And what does the option for "Push Notifications" do?

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

At the top of the thread is a "Follow This Topic" button. Click it and you will see other options such as daily and weekly. 

When I complete reading a thread and I hit the VIEW NEW CONTENT hot button at the top of the page the thread I just read does not disappear.

Also all attempts I have made to add a photo have failed.

To confirm, VIEW NEW CONTENT does not take you back to the directory listing of new forum topics?

Are you trying to upload as an attachment to the post? If yes have you checked your storage quota in your personal profile?  

To confirm, VIEW NEW CONTENT does not take you back to the directory listing of new forum topics?

It does take me back to new topics. But it still shows all the topics I have just read. I would think that once I have read a thread it should disappear from the new topic list. 

I think I have the picture posting figurred out.

GA6.jpg

Edited by Don Coatney

I just bit the bullet and used the "Mark Community Read" button. This did show everything as being read as in not bold font. But using the "View New Content" button at the top of the page still displayed 180 threads when all have been read. I then did a power reset on my computer, re-started and brought the forum back up, used the view new content button and the 180 threads still were displayed. Once I have read everything should anything display when I use the view new content button?

Nevermind! I just figurred it out. I adjusted the "BY TIME PERIOD" to "new sence my last visit" and all of the postings I have read all disappeared as they should.

Edited by Don Coatney

I was wondering how to change my password. My old one didn't work and the new one I got is 15 characters long. I know it's probably easy I'm just not finding it. thanks

Click on the little triangle next to your user name in the upper right corner. Then select "My Settings". You will see email and password in the menus on the left. 

When using private messages, it keeps telling me the other person has left the conversation so I cannot reply and have to start a new message. Also, I am having problems uploading pictures. It says they are too large. I guess I'll have to figure out how to make them smaller pictures or insert them into the text area. 

I dont get messages from any threads that I started....I am following the forum so i get messages as the thread is started but not when someone post on a thread I have posted on. HELP!

When you are in a thread click on "Follow This Topic" in the upper right and select the option you want.

Edited by P15-D24

When using private messages, it keeps telling me the other person has left the conversation so I cannot reply and have to start a new message. Also, I am having problems uploading pictures. It says they are too large. I guess I'll have to figure out how to make them smaller pictures or insert them into the text area. 

Give all the steps your going through to get to the point where you get the error of having to start a new message. 

I am thinking if the other party deletes the conversation...the conversation is broken..new message generation will be the only way to establish new conversation..this seems to have been the case in one conversation after talking to the party on thye phone..

Edited by Tim Adams

If you look at the urls for your subscribed threads it will have a thread ID and number. Search on that id number and you can resubscribe to it. 

Gallery pics have not yet been converted. Vendor is having trouble with the converter and is continuing to work on a fix. Hope to have it all done this week. 

I was just trying to find some info i had in some saved threads and ran into this problem.  Where am I to get the URL for the old threads?