What are you having trouble with

Frank Elder

I thought we could make a STICKY on the problems that we are having........till everybody figures out how to use use the new forum, kinda consolidate it into one thread?????

Like I can't figure out how to access my old posts and threads. :confused:

Edited by Frank Elder

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you...also no matter how many times I try to change my profile it won't take, GTK helped with my birthday and gender...it worked for him but when ever I try to make a change it won't for me, like I don't want messages left on my profile....it wont change for me....maybe when you change your name it ignores you.

I'm frustrated and it shows.

going to be a number of things to address in your profile before it settle down..I had maybe 23 mesages in my PM folder when we went to the new board..new board showed me busting my 125 limit by some 300 plus messages that somehow followed me here..I had to delete many pages of PMs

I cannot yet find how to see the "sent" box of PM's...I like the in/out feature and not the tracking of conversation all in one group...I used the sent box to ensure that I had answered my messaes in a timely manner

still looking at features/switches

Edited by Tim Adams

Frankie...know your pain..I was going to update mine for the new page but I also cannot get it do any editing...it will work out soon as they debug the few glitches..

You still having issues with PMs?

• Like 1

I cannot upload pictures anymore. I've exceeded my limits... :mad: Guess thats that!

What exactly is the error?  (Copy it if you can)  I bumped up the quota big time yesterday but it sounds like I may need a bit more fine tuning. 

I cannot upload pictures anymore. I've exceeded my limits... :mad: Guess thats that!

"You have exceeded your allotted disk space for attachments"

One thing I'm noticing that will take some getting used to, unless there's another way that I'm missing, is the "Next Unread Topic" link at the bottom of each thread. On the previous forum there was a "Next Thread" and "Previous Thread" link at the bottom. I would always use those to navigate to the next thread. Once I saw the thread topic I could click to the first "unread" post and read on. On this one the "Next Unread Topic" link goes to the next thread, but directly to the first unread post, so I have no context of what thread I'm reading. Many times I have to scroll to the top to see what the thread topic is so that I can remember the conversation, then go back down and continue reading.

Am I missing something in the way I'm using the forum? The only other way I can see is worse. I'd have to use the "Back to ___  ___ Forum" link to get back to the index, then select the next thread. But then there is no "Go to First Unread" link to click on, so I have to scroll down until I find it.

Merle

Can't reply to pms that were brought over from the old site. And I have a couple that I really need to be able to keep the old conversation strings in...

And there isn't a functional spell checker here, could really use that as my laptop doesn't always add whatever letter I typed and the red lines of the spell checker let me see when the keyboard was acting up.

And the old board layout was a lot more bifocal friendly... I have to log off for awhile, I'm getting a headache.

Edited by Scruffy49

Can't reply to pms that were brought over from the old site. And I have a couple that I really need to be able to keep the old conversation strings in...

I am in the same boat as Mr Scruffy - trying to figure out how to reference all of my saved PMs from the old board.

Also, I can't find the list of subscribed posts from the old board.

Otherwise, the new look is great, and I greatly appreciate all of the efforts of our webmaster Mr P15-D24! :cool:

Same as merle, When I hit back button it goes back to the top of the page instead of back to where I was on that page

GIve me a little more info about what you are trying to do? Hitting the browser "Back" button reloads the page from the server. Have you tried using the navigation hints at the top and bottom of each page. (Page 1 of 1 1 2 )