51 Concord Business Cpe for Sale

Dodgeb4ya

This 1951 3 Pass Cpe is for sale in the Seattle/Tacoma area.... http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3513864529.html

big sweep though this neck of the woods to sell old cars every time the price of steel goes up....quick buck then..quick buck now..it is the here and now that drives these folks...you ever think how many shotgun shells or fish worms you can buy selling an old heap...yep..I said that and I will not be swayed

Scrap prices make them move. They know they can get more then. I'm guessing they don't think much about selling them until they hear scrap prices are up and it gets them to thinking about it. The trick is to find them before that happens.

A trick I've used is to put an ad in the Rural Electric Newspaper. Most places on REA or whatever they call it where you are have a newspaper that goes out monthly all over the state. Ads are cheap, they do get read. I've found some pretty desireable boats that way and some cars.

The next problem is price. I've seen many deals not happen over a few dollars. $50, maybe $100.

In the scheme of things the purchase price of the old car is probably the cheapest part. By the time you add mechanical parts, motor rebuild, paint, tires and so on, the original purchase is nothing. Just pay the guy and go have fun with it.

That car is basically the same as the '51 Dodge Kingsway D39 business coupe I picked up this year. It is a Plymouth with Dodge trim. It's condition is similar to the one advertised. Price was a little less but not a lot. It's presently in tear down mode as can be seen in the pics. I have done some clean up, repair, and paint on some of the smaller items. Big job this year is to do the floors. Rockers and trunk floor are OK. Since the last picture the wiring harness has been removed and labelled, doors off, and glass out. Lotsa fun. Lots would hotrod it but I will keep it as stock as possible.

DSCN8136.jpg

DSCN8138.jpg

DSCN8735.jpg

DSCN8787.jpg

Edited by RobertKB
Add information

Kool car, and check out that hood ornament, gotta love it, that would one heck of a sleeper on the street! I WANT ONE O' THEM.

By the way, the pictures on the wall, is that a distraction while working on the Dodge?, or motivation?

Thanks. That hood ornanent is pretty unique so has been put away safely. The US Dodge ornament is different and will not fit my car. The car actually could be a sleeper anywhere, not just on the street, as the trunk is big enough to sleep in!:P

Going to keep it stock. Lots of hotrod business coupes but not many with original powertrain. Motor is original to the car and will be rebuilt as I plan on doing some long trips in the old girl when done.

Edited by RobertKB

By the way, the pictures on the wall, is that a distraction while working on the Dodge?, or motivation?

Pictures on the wall are my helpers. They sometimes want to wear coveralls to stay warm but I just turn the furnace up to keep them happy...........I wish!!:P