Looks like a P 15 will have a significent role in GAngster Squad.

greg g

Found this shot on the official Gangster Squad website...

P15 D24 senior members ?? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from viewing the movie. Good storyline and great acting. My wife thought it was a bit too bloody for her liking.

Couple of observations. In one scene the cops jump in there P-15 and attempt to start it using the ignition key and not the starter button. They turn the key all the way to the right and the sound of a starter motor can be heard but it is not a P-15 startor motor sound. In a few other scenes they slam the car doors and the trunk lid but the sound is incorrect for a P-15.

A few years back forum member David Maxwell loaned his P-15 to the movie maker sound guys so they could get the sound of the doors closing correct. They must have not used those soundbites in this film. Also I dont think a 50 or so Cadillac is capable of peeling out on dry pavement from a dead standstill.

One thing I learned, if any of you guys are in the slammer I will not use the rear bumper on my P-15 (chain through the jail window bars hooked to the rear bumper) to break you out as it has been proven that the rear bumper will dislodge very quickly when this is attempted.

Don, as a kid my dad let me buy a real nice 53 Olds 98 4 door a neighbor had for sale for real cheap...it didn't have high gear which was why it was cheap back then...just an old car needing a tranny.

When I got home from school, I had a couple of hours before the 'rents got home and would go out and smoke the tires on that tank on our corner lot from the alley to the corner, maybe 50 feet...got busted when the neighbors complained...I was 12 :D That old girl would billow smoke from the wheelwells like crazy...It was a blast!!!!

My dad and I switched transmissions with one from a wreckers and I made $300 on it. I wish there had been digital cameras back then...camera I had was an Instamatic 110 and I never had film for it :mad:

Don, as a kid my dad let me buy a real nice 53 Olds 98 4 door a neighbor had for sale for real cheap...it didn't have high gear which was why it was cheap back then...just an old car needing a tranny.

When I got home from school, I had a couple of hours before the 'rents got home and would go out and smoke the tires on that tank on our corner lot from the alley to the corner, maybe 50 feet...got busted when the neighbors complained...I was 12 :D That old girl would billow smoke from the wheelwells like crazy...It was a blast!!!!

My dad and I switched transmissions with one from a wreckers and I made $300 on it. I wish there had been digital cameras back then...camera I had was an Instamatic 110 and I never had film for it :mad:

Nice story Pat, nice to see you on here, where you been......

Don, Also took my wife to see the movie,only thing she liked about it was Ryan Gosling ;)

I just returned from viewing the movie. Good storyline and great acting. My wife thought it was a bit too bloody for her liking.

One thing I learned, if any of you guys are in the slammer I will not use the rear bumper on my P-15 (chain through the jail window bars hooked to the rear bumper) to break you out as it has been proven that the rear bumper will dislodge very quickly when this is attempted.

thanks I need a laugh :D

QUOTE:

Don..here is my take on that...IF you are going to dare to bust a friend out of jail I would rather think my powerful fathead Plymouth would either pull the bars out of the jailhouse or my awesome power would leave the bumper as the only clue I had been there.....INSTEAD of not having enough power like a Chevy/Ford that would still be stuck tied to set of bar that you will soon find youself behind...

Like Tim, I will probably wait until it's out on video; as I don't do theaters either. People just don't know how to keep their cells phones off and shut up during a movie anymore.

I swear in this still from the movie it looks like my P15 (same color and model) going down the middle of the road.

GangsterSquad_zpsf8073716.jpg

Edited by 47heaven

I met a guy the other day that works at the studios in Hollywood. He works on "Picture cars". I told him I had a 48 Plymouth and asked about the process for renting out my car to the movies. He said "DON'T DO IT!" He said movie people have no respect for old cars. He's seen them get scratched and dented. I would like to give it a try but I think I'll take his word for it rather than learn the hard way.