Greetings Don Coatney

Hudson I

Was cruzing the board and thought I would say hi. Hope this finds you and yours fine and well. All is well on this front. I missed you at the Rumble this year. The news on this front is that Mark(Hudsonator) is now a GRANDFATHER. That is hard to get my head around. lol HAPPY HOLIDAYS Hud.

Great to hear from you! Hope to see you posting here in the future.

Tell Mark congrats for me. He is way to young to be a grandfather and you are way to young to be a great grandpop.

I did miss you at the rumble and at the Red Boiling Springs shows this year. Work got in the way and I could not attend.

Bob Criswell sent me a note saying he planned to attend the RBS show. Did you see him there?

Glad to hear you are driving the 49 Hudson. For those who have not seen pictures of your stuff here are both

Hudsons and your Custom Mopar powered tractor.

Custom1.jpg

Custom3.jpg

9718.jpg

0711.jpg

Hey Don. I am loving the greatgrand pa stuff. I think Mark is loving the grand part also. I made all of the rounds again this year. Me and the 49 have not missed a Rumble. We have been to them all. Thanks for posting the pics. I really need to get the Custom out and run it some. If nothing else in some parade. I have acquired a Super Jet. Have been working on it some. Gathering up parts and doing research. It is a coupe and not all rusted out. I am going to keep the 202 and build it. I really would like a 55 or56 motor out of a Wasp. I also need a twin-h and a alum. head for a 202 also. Please keep your eye out for some of these parts. I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Hud.

I just sent an e-mail to my buddy Richie who dabbles in Hudsons. I linked this thread so hopefully he will chime in.

Hey Don, thanks for the heads up. Good to hear from you again. I haven't seen Mark since the Hudson meet a few years ago in TN, met his dad there also.

Hey Ed, I'm jealous, I'd have to mortgage the house and sell all my Hudsons to buy a convertible as nice as your neighbors. Guess I'll just keep driving my iron and be happy.

I still love my 50 Plymouth and drive it every day, rain or shine.

Hudsons are great cars too and I enjoy them as well.

We added a 53 Hornet that you haven't see Don, Tim has seen it, got it last Feb. Boy did I take a beating on that one. Got about all the problems taken care of except the engine, low compression in two cylinders so it looks like a valve job in the near future. Y'all take care. Richie.

Hey Ed, I'm jealous, I'd have to mortgage the house and sell all my Hudsons to buy a convertible as nice as your neighbors.

Ha that convert is also owned by a Richie. Last time he came by the house he was driving his new Avanti II.

Hey Richie. We met at PF the last time me and Mark went up. I took the wife and we went up this year. I was looking for Jet parts and info. Had a real good time. Done a lot of talking. I saw Dwight at the Rumble. Did not see him at PF. I have been sort of keeping tract of you over on the Hudson board. I lurk on a few boards. Don't post a lot. Have a good day. Hud

Hey Richie. We met at PF the last time me and Mark went up. I took the wife and we went up this year. I was looking for Jet parts and info. Had a real good time. Done a lot of talking. I saw Dwight at the Rumble. Did not see him at PF. I have been sort of keeping tract of you over on the Hudson board. I lurk on a few boards. Don't post a lot. Have a good day. Hud

Hey Hud, good to hear from you. We almost went to PF this year but didn't make it. I hope to make it next year in the 53. Say hey to Mark for me and congrats. Neither one of you post much anymore on the Hudson forum it seems. Always good to hear from you guys. Richie.

I would like to weigh in here..thumbs down on the Avanti..the rear of the car is decent, ths side profile is good but the front design is the biggest abortion of functional design I have ever seen...I will not take away from it performance etc in the "R-2" package but ugly is still ugly..I believe it may well be the grandfather of the Aztec..

I would like to weigh in here..thumbs down on the Avanti..the rear of the car is decent, ths side profile is good but the front design is the biggest abortion of functional design I have ever seen...I will not take away from it performance etc in the "R-2" package but ugly is still ugly..I believe it may well be the grandfather of the Aztec..

Hey Tim, that's why I'd take the Hudson over the Avanti. I did some more research and cannot find anything new on the carb kits. Richie.

Richie, was just at the old ware house Monday picking up a bug deflector for Bob T...(it's in the mail Bob) thought of you and if you found any more info..he has not found any book on them yet either.

he had just picked up a one horse wagon in super nice shape..was setting it up for display..

Richie, was just at the old ware house Monday picking up a bug deflector for Bob T...(it's in the mail Bob) thought of you and if you found any more info..he has not found any book on them yet either.

he had just picked up a one horse wagon in super nice shape..was setting it up for display..

Tim, you going to buy the one horse wagon ?? It would look good in the middle of all your beautiful trees where we parked for your picnic. !! I think you ought to buy it !!

I've had no luck on the carb kits, but really haven't spent much time as of late looking. Any more pics of the coupe ?? Richie.

it was a nice looking wagon but if I bought it I would only be proving the age old adage of "putting the cart before the horse"

as for pictures of the coupe...not much has been done of late..this entire month is set aside for car shows and family gatherings...I did however get the rear axles and drums back from Moser Engineeering as they changed the bolt pattern from 6 lug to 5 lug for me..they are back into the car and 5 lug shop wheels attached to the rear..this model just happened to have the larger 11 inch rear brakes...

http://www.hostetlershudsons.com/ This guy may have a line on what you want. He's in North central Indiana.

Wow Niel, great site. Those Hudsons always make me droooool.:)

I talked to a guy last week, that just brought home a very nice 49, except

it has a Chevy engine.

he is looking for a good engine.....