Steering Column Bracket

Is there some sort of bracket that attaches the steering column to the dash? My truck was missing some parts when I got it and I think this is one of them. So, what does it look like and where can I get one?

Richard

Richard,

The bracket is made of of two U shaped clamps that have ears on them. I can send pictures later today if you would like. The ears bolt to the dash.

Brad

I think the columns on the 48-50 are tiltled a little more forward than those in the '51's and later. My 52 (actuall a '49)has the wheel is much closer to being horizontal than the later model trucks. To change the angle of the steering shart I think you're going to have to redrill the steering box mounting holes in the frame since the u shaped bracket only supports the outer tube of the steering shaft which supports the steering wheel bearing. That was the reason I didn't replace my steering box-I liked the angle that it is at, and the parts box from the 52 I have is not just a bolt in swap. Mike

Dutch-you can see how mine is setup and compare it to yours at our show in Rhinebeck. Mike

In the 39-47 trucks I've seen 2 different styles. One like the one pictured above and one where the top of the circle is pretty much touching the dash. So the column would sit about 2 inches up with that style. You can kind of see mine in this picture.

asof10-13.jpg