Trim Clips Galore

JerseyHarold

I have several hundred unused trim clips that were in the trunk of a Cranbrook I bought over 30 years ago. Based on other stuff that was in the car, the previous owner had connections to a Mopar dealer so I think these all fit Chrysler products of some kind. The only hitch is that I don't know what cars they are for.

Here's my plan:

With the help of the many knowlegeable folks here, get as many clips identified as possible.

Sell them reasonably to other forum members, and donate 10% of the selling price for any sold between now and January 1, 2013 to the forum.

I do not want to do a bulk sale to any re-sellers that may be lurking here. My goal is to get the clips into the hands of those that need them, raise a few bucks for the forum, and get some lunch money for myself.

The clips themselves have some degree of surface rust and dirt on them, but are all solid and usable. There are no nuts or washers with them. I've labeled each one with a letter for i.d. purposes. I'll listen to what 'reasonable price' means from those of you who have some experience in that direction.

Thanks in advance to everyone for their assistance.

Harold

post-95-1358537184634_thumb.jpg

post-95-13585371846821_thumb.jpg

post-95-13585371853342_thumb.jpg

post-95-13585371853923_thumb.jpg

post-95-13585371854522_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Harold, I would be very interested in clip number "N"......it looks like a 1941 Plymouth grille molding clip..........how many do you have and how much are they?..........can I phone you?..........lol.........am somewhat keen.......Andy Douglas

Harold.......meant to ask....do you have an exact measurement of these, # N ie, length, width and depth and/or a side on pic of it..........sorry to be a pain but as mentioned.......am keen.....lol..........andyd

I'll measure the 'N' clips tonight after work and provide the dimensions.

From the parts book:

part # 885061 7/8" wide and 31/64" tall

part # 898734 7/8" wide and 39/64" tall

sent you a PM yesterday re: N clip measurements and availablility

looking forward to hearing from you

thanks

Edited by Roadkingcoupe

Hey..Roadking......I got in 1st.........lol..........I am looking for a few of these clips, the ones that hold the stainless grille moldings, I'd like at least 10-12..........andyd

The "N" clips with the p/n 885061 also fit a '40 Chrysler on the grill-trim pieces (after VIN 6957623 for a C25) and some other '40 models according to an original Chrysler parts book that I have.

I could use quite a few.

There are 9 trim pieces on the C25 and each had 8 clips (4 on a side) for 72 total.

I found about 40 NOS, so I'd need 32 + of these. If there's any left after the "allotment" or if anyone has a lead on more of these....I'd sure appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks

gatz-271

Harold, due to others needing some I'll reduce what I need to 6 if thats possible..........how do I pay and how much, btw I am in Australia.........thanks, andyd

Harold -

I'm interested in item D, F or K in that order.

It looks like your item D will work. My existing (original) clip measures 7/8" x 1 1/8" at the base and has 3/4" wings.

I need these for the rear fender molding clips on my '50 Dodge Coronet.

Could you give me the measurements of your's?

Many thanks

Frank

• 2 weeks later...

Harold, rec'd my package of grille clips today, MANY THANKS......they are indeed 1941 Plymouth Grille clips............I owe you a sloppy kiss..........would you like tongue with that?..........lol.....seriously tho'..many thanks........regards, andyd