1941 Plymouth Serial Number

oilslickwillie

Try Tod's link... http://www.ply33.com/Misc/vin .

Desotodav

Won't help much on that as he did not post a serial number.

Can anyone decifer the following serial number off a 1941 Plymouth Coupe:

P11 9370TPC

Thanks for any information.

Looks more like a body number, I'm guessing for a P11 "two passenger coupe" (TPC) (i.e. business coupe), probably the 8369th built at that body supplier's factory (seems like they usually started with 1001 on numbering). Your serial number should be on the passenger side (front) door hinge post. Should just be an number, no letters.

Tod: I was more thinking that your registry information would point oilslickwillie in the right direction of the serial numbers that he would require to in order to locate the info that he is chasing for his vehicle.

Well done (by the way) to both yourself and Eric for providing and maintaining such valuable reference points and sources of information for enthusiasts of old MOPAR's.

Desotodav

I guess I should have given more information. This is a tag under the hood on the drivers side right below the red Chrysler tag located on the firewall.

You gave enough information in your first post to determine that is the body number plate. They didn't seem to bother keeping track of those other than the "build card" for your vehicle will list it. To get the "build card" from Chrysler Historical you will need the serial number.

If you want generic information about your vehicle (assembly plant, about how far through the production run it was built, etc.) you can deduce that from the serial number.

If you want specific information about your vehicle (dealer it was shipped to, original engine and body numbers, paint and trim, options, etc.) then you can send your serial number and some money off to Chrysler Historical to get the "build card".

As mentioned before in this thread, serial number is on the (front) passenger hinge post for 1930-42 cars.