Fresh Paint on the dash

K_Jordan

I finally decided to do something with my dash and window trim. I had a buddy of mine freestyle some woodgrain for me. Its far from the original look, but I love the way its turned out.

Your friend is an artist, very nice work wish I had that ability. I just removed my dash and used some burl wood decal paper I got off line. I stole the idea from a friend. The dash was very easy to remove, unlike my Chevy stuff that's welded in.

404422754.jpg

;):D

Ok great job, To darken the tone of the base yellow take some regular wood stain minwax the color of your choice and then use a foam brush and lay the stain on the garnish molding. after it dries then shoot a clear coat either high or low gloss to get a deeper tone to the wood.

I used the kits from Grain-it and this is how is is done but they use rollers to put the grain onthe metal.

Call me to discuss.

Rich HArtung

Desoto1939@aol.com

610-630-9188 home

Here is a hint that I used on my dash to keep the original wood grain look. I just used a fine grained steel wool pad and rub it on the original paint surface. I then just sprayed some clear coat on that surface. It looks pretty good even if some of the rust on the surface is still on it. The rust kind of matched the look of the wood and a lot of people just admire the look of the old dash even if its not perfect.

3M Di-Noc wood grain vinyl may be a good cover to a dash.

I worked many years at a company that die cut this produce for the

outside of wagons. With warm soapy water, it is easy to apply, and

with a little heat, can be softened to apply to curves. I see it is on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-Cherry-Dark-Wood-Grain-Wrap-Vinyl-50-x-180-/270804277398?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0d315896&vxp=mtr