Rewiring a 49 Windsor with e-z wire kit (21 set)

Dodge1996

What can I pull out of the car before I start setting in new wire. I picked up the car not running and the wires where not hooked up to the starter. Not sure if it was reverse polarity. I took the starter to Hammetts to have it checked and got it to work but I can't get the solenoid to kick in when I think I have it hooked up right. Not sure where the wires go on the starter. There is 4 lugs on the starter. So I guess in need help with where the wires go on the starter and if I can't get it to turn the motor over I will need to replace the wire system with the one I bought from ez wire.thanks for any info......

Edited by Dodge1996
Spelling

I would suppose the age old question applies here.....have you bought a

service/repair manual for your car?? It should have a wiring diagram

showing just where each wire goes. It would, of course, address the

four lugs on the starter as well. I have a Plymouth, so not going to be

any help there. Good luck on your project.

P.S. You can find those books usually on ebay. A reprint sometimes is

cheaper than an old original and just as good nowadays.

I did buy a book and hooked it up to what I think was right but it still won't turn the starter. The wires in the car are old and bare in some spots and I think they r to bad to repair. And the 21 circut is because I was now sure what I needed. Now I know better...thanks for the help so far.