club coupe/business coupe?

alteredpilot

my bad. p15

i've been posting all over the place tonight. lost track.

its a 48 plymouth club coupe.

i'm working on getting educated on these as i can see myself owning more than one as time rolls on.

funny thing, the dodge 3W coupe is what got me spun up on these. the plymouth club is pretty sharp, and the business coupe is fantastic.

i have no doubt that the guy who built it simply left the back seat out and built the panel between the seat back and the package tray.

thats why i'm asking. you guys would know better.e

IMAG0918_zps5929ae4e.jpg

Edited by alteredpilot

My understanding is that 1941-48 Dodge Business Coupes are a 3 window design, ie like a large version of a 40 willys Coupe, the Club Coupes for those yrs are a 5 window coupe..........as for Plymouth, 40/41 Plymouth Coupes all used the same 5 window body shell, most were single bench seated Business Coupes but a small number had a pair of folding rear seats and were called "Auxillary Seat Coupes or ASC Coupes".......in 1942 Plymouth started to used the longer roofed coupe as the Club Coupe but continued with the short 1940/41 style coupe as the dedicated business coupe.................I have a 1941 ASC coupe........I think this is the way it was but happy to be corrected........andyd

Hi. Is that the coupe a fellow on the HAMB just sold in Cali?

By it's body shape, it's a club coupe, which should have a back

seat. If none, then it was removed by the previous owner.

Looks as if the rear fenders have either been modified or it has

1942 Plymouth fenders on it. Regardless of any of that, it should

provide you with some automotive amusement.

I concur, it's a P15 Club Coupe. In my opinion, the rear wheel openings have been modified from stock. The 42 rears are a bolt-on with larger openings but I believe the shape of the '42 opening to be a little diff. than that shown. Very cool. I'm considering this mod. for my car.

yes, bought it from the guy on the HAMB.

yes, the fenders have been modified. i had it up on the rack yesterday and there are a bunch of relief cuts in the rear fenders which create the new contour and the wheel openings are formed with square stock.

the front fenders have been modified as well judging by the welding visible from underneath.

the car has a pontiac 350/350 combo, power rack and pinion and power drum brakes. lots of work went in to this car. now it just needs to be made right. it had toyota door handles and mirrors and crummy marker lights. little by little...

Edited by alteredpilot

Your modifications on the front fenders appears to be the seam welded closed on the upper and lower portion of the fender in front of the wheel opening. On the stock version there was a piece of stainless that covered the seam.