Parts wanted ads

Do you view the parts wanted section of the forum?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you view the parts wanted section of the forum?

• Frequenty
    • Infrequently
    • Never

I'm curious as to how many of you view the parts wanted ads here on the forum?

The reason I ask is I only had one or two responses to my quest for an air filter. That kind of surprised me as I figured there would be a bunch of spare ones floating around out there. I've since found one on ebay which solved that problem.

I now find that I'm in need of the parking band for a 4-speed transmission. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated! I'm going to post to the parts wanted section as well and see what happens.

Thanks,

Brad

Since I really don't need any parts and not in any hurry to sell any spares I do have, I rarely look in that section.

I do find one thing interesting though. Several times when I did have something to sell, I'd post it there, or on the regular forum. I think I've only sold one or two items that way because no one buys it from there. However, I then put it on ebay for a little higher price and sometimes a forum member will be the winning high bidder. I just think it's strange they didn't buy it at the lower price here, then paid a higher price on ebay.:confused:

Guest Dave Claussen

When I first get the forum page up where all the sections are located, I visually scan down the side and see if there are any new posts in the other sections. I don't often pay attention to the car side mostly 'cause I'm more interested in the truck stuff, but whenever there's a new post in the truck wanted to Buy/Sell section, I make it a point to check it out, just in case. Dave