Restorating a P-15 business coupe.

veterantechnic

• 3 weeks later...

it has been said before but cannot be repeated too often... outstanding work! i feel so small and mortal right now :eek:

just read through his whole tread and i'm speechless.

and i think i'm missing all that stuff beneath the cowl vent as well.

thanks for sharing!

Thank you Cpt.Fred for nice words.

Yes it should be connected to the dual heater. But I have only right side heater. It is enough for our climate in the summer time. Left side hole will be just open or shut. I am not sure about it.

All the best.

Leevi

From the diagram there it looks like you install a block off plate if you don't have the drivers heater.

• 10 months later...

There is nothing to add or say to improve on the compliments to the quality, skill and patience as illustrated in the work.

It proves the benefit of forums like this to share and encourage, to increase the level of work possible (from anywhere in the world).

As far as restoration shops go this is the finest example I have ever seen on a 1940's MoPaR vehicle.

Thanks you for an important contribution to the forum. In many ways I am surprised you started with a donor car that was in need of so much metal fabrication and surgery.

For mere mortals like myself......I would always suggest buying the best car you can, in the best condition as repairs like this would far and away eclipse the cost of a mint P15.

Please don't misunderstand, I an extremely grateful to see the possibility of what can be done. The fact that the current owner bought the car and found a shop with the skills and willingness to take on the project alone is praise worthy. Excellent journey for me to be able to follow to completion. It opens my awareness to what can actually be done!

I would have to go beyond the previous posts about manufacturing parts....and suggest why not just make a whole new car. It looks like you have the skills.

Edited by Roadkingcoupe

• 1 month later...

Ok,this must be the second or third time I have read this thread,and so far nobody seems to have asked the question I have been expecting since the 1st page.

I saw the photo of the car you posted when you started the thread,and it looked pretty damn good. I understand you had to buy this car based on the photos and description the seller gave you,so the prime question i:

"Did the seller sell you this car after claiming it to be rust-free?"

The secondary question(s) are,: "If he did,was he a private seller or a business that sells old cars,?" and in either case "What was this mutt's name or his business name and what state does he live?

Having personally bought "mostly rust free" cars from people before that turned out to be "mostly rust covered with body plastic and shiny paint",this is a pet peeve of mine. I do understand how a private owner could have bought his first old car already "fixed" and then decide to sell it because he didn't like driving it,and selling it without knowing he had bought and was selling a slopped together rust bucket,but not a commercial business. IMHO,any commercial business that misrepresents cars this badly needs to be exposed.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Thank you, veterantechnic .Great reading, photos and expert workmanship.

Are those stainless steel strips between the rear fenders and body.. If they are like the ones I bought they are near impossible to install.