Site Problems

I've mentioned this before and I don't know what, if anything, was done. I'm having a terrible time moving through teh kthreads. Sometimes I get caught in a loop that just takes me back to where I'm trying to leave. At other times, everytime I look at a posted picture or try and return to a previous thread, I'm required to log in again. I've got a brand new computer running Windows XP Professional and IE. What's going on?

I'm experiencing the same prohlems. Additionally, I must refresh each time I log in, and refresh each thread I visit. This all seems to have begun within the past month. Don't understand the cause, but it's not the new forum. Things were fine until just recently. Wish I could figure it out . . . . . . :(

I'm running windows XP and Internet Explorer. None of those problems here however a few months ago all the forum messages started landing in my bulk mail file. Probably something I did while doing a spyware scan. I can't seem to undo it.

Guest P15-D24

You need to give me the exact steps your taking so I can try and duplicate the problem. I run XP and IE both from at home and work and haven't seen any unusual behavior so I suspect it something going on with your systems. But please post the exact steps and problem your seeing so I can troubleshoot.

I've mentioned this before and I don't know what, if anything, was done. I'm having a terrible time moving through teh kthreads. Sometimes I get caught in a loop that just takes me back to where I'm trying to leave. At other times, everytime I look at a posted picture or try and return to a previous thread, I'm required to log in again. I've got a brand new computer running Windows XP Professional and IE. What's going on?

I'm running Windows 98 with Firefox and I run into the same thing a lot of times. Especially the requirement to log in multiple times.

However, I'm also on dialup and that could be why. What I think is happening is that if the picture or thread takes too much time to load, or you take too much time writing a reply or post, the system times you out and cuts you off. It also happens if I stay logged in, then go to a New Tab to go to another site, then come back here. Sometimes I'm no longer logged in here when I come back. That's what leads me to believe it's just timing me out. Could be what Jim is experiencing too. The timing out issue could be with the way the board or it's host is set up, or with the individuals own system doing it.

This exactly the problem I'm having, but I'm on DSL.

Jim,

I'm wondering if you're not having security setting problems with Internet Explorer. If you've gone through an automatic update recently in the past that could have hosed your settings. I'm not an expert in what settings do what but it might be worth a try to play with some of them.

Also, I use Firefox and find that to be a joy to use. I'm not a fan of MS and will use any product but theirs if I have the opportunity.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck.

Brad