6th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

A big thumbs up (from down under) to you Tim for organising and hosting such a fine annual event.... Davin (aka Desotodav)

Wow....Thanks for the kind words Davin. I really appreciate it. The hardest part is cleaning the place up, but you know, I need to do that anyway. lol.

Really, it's The guys who come out to the event that deserve the thumbs up!

And my favorite part? Leaning against a rusty ol' fender with a few of the local experts and sorting through the iron and the dust! wohoo! lol :D

48D

If I get the time off, it will be a 2 week adventure. I could be persuaded to go most any route......:D

Well..........I was hopin' you two would come this way to get on I-5.

I'm trying to talk myself into driving my '49 down, but it would be nice to have someone to run with (just in case :o).

Well..........I was hopin' you two would come this way to get on I-5.

I'm trying to talk myself into driving my '49 down, but it would be nice to have someone to run with (just in case :o).

Now, that sounds like a fun time. I will let you know as soon as they tell me if I get those weeks approved for vacation.

:D So far the longest trip it's taken for a weekend was from Susanville, CA to Bishop, CA. Just for Mule Days. :eek:

As your unofficial tax consultant (its free advice, take it for what it is worth), I could see a deductible trip for you to attend a car show where you show off those really nice gauges that you do. Since it is a limited market for your excellent services, traveling to a truck show where most of your potential customers will be to drum up business could be a deductible business expense. Just my humble opinion.

So, you coming now?

Tom

Hollister, CA

As your unofficial tax consultant (its free advice, take it for what it is worth), I could see a deductible trip for you to attend a car show where you show off those really nice gauges that you do. Since it is a limited market for your excellent services, traveling to a truck show where most of your potential customers will be to drum up business could be a deductible business expense. Just my humble opinion.

So, you coming now?

Tom

Hollister, CA

Oh man, I'm gunna try!!! :D Thanks for the tax advice and the kind words.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta call from a few local chevy truck guys.....wanted to know if they could join us....of course I said "yes", but the focus is the Dodge/Plymouth/fargo trucks and Mopar in general. They said no problem, just wanna hang with some fellow truck guys....:D

48D

Gotta call from a few local chevy truck guys.....wanted to know if they could join us....of course I said "yes", but the focus is the Dodge/Plymouth/fargo trucks and Mopar in general. They said no problem, just wanna hang with some fellow truck guys....:D

48D

Cool, I'd like to hang a chevy guy ;>)

48D

Tim....I also would like to attend someday, I have family in the lodi, terra bella visalia area.

If you are not careful some ferd guys will edge there way in too:)Quite honestly, if you keep this going till the 15th meet and allow other makes to participate.....you might end up with a monster on your hands.

lol...I think 30 years would be a good round number...lol.

At that point I'll pass it onto the kids. :D

For me the best part of the BBQ is the large number of guys who know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to PH trucks.....makes it a great way to learn fast.

48D

48D

be careful. You may contaminate the gene pool.....hahahahahaahahahaha :D:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

well after 2 years of unsuccessful attempts at getting the time off for this shindig, I finally hit the lottery!!!!! California here I come!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! Wifey and I will take a leisurely week long stroll down there for the bbq and another leisurely week long stroll home again. Gonna pull our vintage 1964 Aladdin travel trailer down there and back. Truck wont be ready :(

I think you should charge an admission fee for the bow tie and blue oval guys. There is a cost for an education:D

LOL.....good point.

be careful. You may contaminate the gene pool.....hahahahahaahahahaha :D:eek:

Ok, ok.....Ill charge a non-dodge tuition addmission fee...lol

well after 2 years of unsuccessful attempts at getting the time off for this shindig, I finally hit the lottery!!!!! California here I come!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

PAR-TAE!!!!! lol, give me a call Bud and we'll notify the local authorites its just a bunch of Vintage Trucker goofballs in town! No need to use the sirens....lol

Tim the 52 and I will be attending again this year, had a blast last year, looking forward too seeing everyone! do you need me to bring my easyup again or anything else this year?

Yes! I need "easy ups" from anyone who can spare one. I lost my last two in the wind storm. So glad you're gonna make it again dude, looking forward this one. :D

48D

• Like 1