6th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

6TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ

APRIL 6TH 2013

Ok....I usally wait until November for the first reminder.....but dang, a lot of trucks are gettin done or are near done!

I have to quote myself from last year, cuz it still rings true:

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

I've been very lucky to host the event at my home for so many years, its something I really enjoy!"

Side note: Opening day for Lawn Mower Racing will be on the same day. I built a race track back in 2008 and this will be the first race of the season, should be a hoot!

and to quote myself one more time:

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine! lol. "

48D:D

Tim;

I am shooting for it at this point. Who know's? maybe Hank and I will have a match race of sorts. If it is close....and it won't be.........my truck will not be Green. :D

Also If there is any doubt as to who is who.............my truck will be the one which actually stops and doesn't plow through your house.

Just so we are clear.......I promise I won't be the first one who brings up Gibby or the Dodger thing either................................................ :rolleyes:

Jeff

Tim;

.......I promise I won't be the first one who brings up Gibby or the Dodger thing either................................................ :rolleyes:

Jeff

lol....ok, long as you're the second, we're cool.

48D, When coming from the south, which is faster, going up through Lodi and Stocton, or heading north at Ripon? The road north of Ripon is a straight, wide, good condition road.

Jack Tone at Ripon is better for the old iron IMO....

I need to put in for my vacation for next year in November and this will be on my first choice list, I just need to know the date!!!

Its in the text just for you my good friend...April 6th!

48D: My plans after the BBQ are to go to Angels Camp or Sonora for night, then drive the gold country to Oakhurst, about a 2 1/2 hr drive - 3 1/2 to Fresno. Any suggestions on where to stay. Join me an we'll have a caravan?

48D: My plans after the BBQ are to go to Angels Camp or Sonora for night, then drive the gold country to Oakhurst, about a 2 1/2 hr drive - 3 1/2 to Fresno. Any suggestions on where to stay. Join me an we'll have a caravan?

Paul,

I highly recommend stopping in Columbia. Between Angels Camp and Sonora.

Stay at the Fallon House.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/columbia-11176-washington-street.en.html?aid=311088;label=columbia-11176-washington-street-J1AXvZOOYuI1zMCm8inObgS8049195963:pl:ta:p1:p2:ac:ap1t1:neg;ws=&gclid=CJ_M7ezBq7ICFYeDQgodoRUAXQ

The town was used as a 'shooting location' for one of the towns in Little House on the Prairie. I used to live there in 1980.

• 2 months later...

48: I'm expecting a demonstration of falconry. Your story on that was special. Lugnut, it's only an easy two day drive so some very beautiful country with fruit and nut trees in bloom.

Tim,

Once again, I hope to make it if Tax Season does not get in the way (don't know why you can't make it AFTER April 15th - make me beg my wife to cover in the tax office for me). I should be driving the red beast over if all works out right. Might actually be picking it up from the mechanic right after Christmas. Haven't seen it in a couple of months. I hear the window job looks beautiful, but the master cylinder went out (I replaced that early in the project) and the differential is getting the seals replaced and the front bearings and seals are being replaced as well. All the electrical is done (thank goodness!). The temp gauge is giving us some issues as well, and I still need some rubber for the doors.

Seems like a long time since we bought that thing. I was hoping to have it ready for my oldest son to drive when he turned 16. He turned 19 last summer, so it has been 6 years since that truck was on the road. Looking forward to driving it out to see its friends this April if I can make it.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Top Ten Reasons to Attend the Clements Tailgate BBQ

10. A bitchin BBQ made from a 1948 PH parts truck.

9. Beautiful country drive to location.

8. Lawnmower racing and my Hawk.

7. Hanging out with guys who "get" what your talking about, and enjoy hearing the what, where, and why about your truck.

6. Chance to buy parts from fellow members

5. We're not getting any younger (it's time to hang with fellow PH truckers!)

4. Not a lot money in the budget, but there will be awards and trophies....!

3. food

2. Knowledge. You get to see in progress to finished trucks right before your eyes!

1. Meet members of the forum face ta face.

It's the 6th one for pete's sake..!!! If you didn't make the last 5, get to this one!!! :D

Only 4 months away.....hmmmm...if I leave New Hampshire now I may make it with my B1FA by April 6th.....

Sounds great to me!!!

Hot-Damn! I'll be there...

lol....You're a BBQ icon Jim. :)

48: I'm expecting a demonstration of falconry. Your story on that was special...

Sakura will be flying that day for sure!

Tim. I am putting in my vacation request Monday. Wish me luck! I might be the long distance attendee if this works out.

Got a special award if you make it Bud, that and a burger...lol.

Seems like a long time since we bought that thing. I was hoping to have it ready for my oldest son to drive when he turned 16. He turned 19 last summer, so it has been 6 years since that truck was on the road. Looking forward to driving it out to see its friends this April if I can make it.

We've all been there Tom, always good to see your family!

Holly & I will be there...getting close to having our Truck back!!

Cooooool...can't wait to see it!

Edited by 48dodger

I'm planning to bring my 50 4 dr. sdn. again, had fun last year!

Hope my friend with his 37 4 dr. sdn. will make it this time!

What if another friend tags along with 55 Chev. 2 dr. post?? May be his first outing after prostate surgery in Feb., but right now we're trying to get on the road after 1yr. and 3 mo.s on working on it. Very close to being on the road, primer an all! 396 with noisy cam, headers 4 whl. power disc. 700 R-4, overall nice condition.

Thanks for invite again!

:D

Doug

A big thumbs up (from down under) to you Tim for organising and hosting such a fine annual event. It is indeed encouraging to see that this event grows in popularity with each passing year. Recent post/s indicate that there is plenty of interest in the event again this year. If not for the great distance (and the vast span of ocean) between my place and yours I would be there 'with bells on'!

I have personally been so inspired by your event that I plan on arranging a similar annual event here in sunny Queensland, Australia. I look forward to the day where we Aussie's might too enjoy a line up of these fine old rigs and a good old chinwag about our pride and joy/s. I have found around 10 local trucks to participate in an event here in south-east Queensland so far. I had a recent BBQ with a couple of those fellow truck owners and we snapped the attached photos.

Again, thumbs up to you. I hope your event this year is bigger and better than ever, and enjoyed by all!

Davin (aka Desotodav)

post-7583-13585372394774_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585372395066_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585372395561_thumb.jpg

post-7583-1358537239587_thumb.jpg

Only 4 months away.....hmmmm...if I leave New Hampshire now I may make it with my B1FA by April 6th.....

on your way thru MN swing by and I'll tag along....:D